3am - Percent Error (Live 7 experiment)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nice track - a bit too all over the shop for my tastes (and yet I know this is more 'normal' than your usual :shock:), but well done all the same, enjoyed. :)

Fantastic beat work Justin! I love getting inside those broken grooves. Very stimulating piece of brain chocolate for me - thanks!
Image Image

Thanks Cypher!

Thanks Poly!

:ud:

Very cool track. :cool:

Thanks Ugo.

broken beats n bits :D
we like.

Hey, what a nice labyrinth you built :-o

good job

I love the opening bit! this sort of wicked bass...

hey, you're the guy who likes all the *n-in-the-time-of-4*, right?

there is a thing @ circa 25-30% thru, where a 5:4 is followed by a 9:6 or something (which is hard to transcribe as it retards before One hits), which sets off the next bit ver' well.

Before that, there is one accelerating, kind of metrical modulation lick, that in the beginning is the same rhythm as the sound fx they use in the Flintstones (The Flintstones Brakes before stopping. Also heard a lot in The Jetsons)

[the references to a snare drum always lets me down in such music, where it's close but isn't as good as a snare, if ya know what I mean. (though it does sound like a snare in some situations I've been in, but there was a thick hanky or cardboard or something muffling it. (Beefheart had a lick in Bongo Fury: 'The music was thud-like' (which one of the magic band described, cf. Trout Mask: 'he'd put cardboard, cut out in circles over all the drums and cymbals, so they wound up sounding like: DOOF! BUMPF! BOOF!)]

(I am duly inspired to go back into my own cross-rhythm thing, I like a lot of 'against 4'...
black page vein)

pretty sick

I indeed know what you are saying about the snare, the thing is I love the 909 snare (which is what I'm attempting to reproduce with DKS Pro) to a fault. I've been meaning to do another session with my drummer friend, so I can have more acoustic drum sounds but we just haven't synced up. You have inspired me, though, to create a prepared synthetic drum kit...

I'll send synthetic and sampled drum sounds through broken speakers, speakers with ball bearings on them, sounds recorded through toy microphones, so on and so forth.

Thanks a bunch for listening and sharing your thoughts! :)

yeah, there just needs to be more 'ping' in the thing

I don't object to electro drums, it's just when they're close to actual drums but less-than... looking forward to your psychokit

! weird enough for me
cool piece of art!

I don't normally go for this stuff - but with the fart bass and the constant playing around with shortening and lengthening of delay times - I'm drawn to this like a moth to the flame.

I really enjoyed it.

-Scott

Return to “Music Cafe”