Chinese Percussion Suite

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I guess, I have been looked in the music cafe long enough and it's time to post some of my own music.

It is the first movement of my "Suite for Chinese Percussion". It is somewhere beetween ethno and new contemporary classic. The first is the Prelude with a slowly but steady increase.

I have made it mostly with the Kong Audio ChineeKong VSTi and some additional sounds from the NI Kontakt3 "Asian Percussion".

Feadback and comments are always welcome! Have fun!

edited 2009/06/03: URL canceled - sorry the piece is not online at moment

for my music look:
rainerhilgers.de
Last edited by symphoniker on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

I can just hear this blasting through a huge PA system in some rave. Something fresh for the dance scene. Do you have others to share? I love it!!!

...time to get some Asian percussion....... :cool:

Wow, really nice. Usually I'm not into pure percussion work but this was good.

S.HUSH is right. This song is an easy way to whip a group into a frenzy.

I'm listening again and one cool way to hear this is on the way into the rave. Imagine hearing the low end to this tune as you approach the dance area. Especially as it speeds up.
It's like what the......? **Runs in**

very nicely done. one of my favorite plugs also :)

the sounds are great and also the progression, but I have the feel of quantization on the 1/8th, if you hear original recordings of gamelan or ketchak they do use a lot of 1/8th beats but sounds more "elastique",

it can be also a matter of stronger accents on a few beats,

Thanks for your comments.

@S.HUSH + chardin: I've never known, that I have talent for rave music ;) I will work on it.

@liqih: You are right with the quantization so far. I did because my concept was a solo played rythmic structure intertwining and spread to the group of Chinese percussion instruments. Now many different instruments are playing the same note. With a more humanizated Quantization the sound at large was a little bit to imprecise, to blurring for my ears. So I choosed this way of quantisation.

> it can be also a matter of stronger accents on a few beats

Yes, it is more clear in the unfiltered original wav-file version, but I think I will work on it once more to accents.

Return to “Music Cafe”