3am - Monocyl5 (I tried to do dub but I ated it)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks guys! I just got back from taking christmas to sponsored families around town so I'm feeling pretty good but this make s makes me feel good too... in a different way. I glad you guys like it.

Does the reverb-less mix work okay? what about the sloppy edits (pops and clicks)? I feel you Mod about the bass, I want to see if I can reinforce the existing bassline that way but if I only use the sub-bass version the mix sounds really empty.

Thanks again everyone!

3am

glad ta hear that you were part of a Christmas giving thing, Justin. It *is* a great experience :wink:

about the reverbless, clicky, poppy comments:
yes- 'no reverb' version adds to the clarity of the picture you painted. putting verb on it would definitely change it. Don't know if it would be *better*...definitely different.
clicks and pops are fair game in glitch style stuff IMHO :P ...I say yer done! pencils down! :lol: (besides- I usually think of them as another rhythm instrument anyway...at least in other people's music!... it's much harder for me to practice what I'm preaching in this circumstance :oops: )

very nice from about 4:30 on... 8)

blortblort, it's the only part of christmas that I enjoy, well I enjoy being with my family bu t they live like 10 blocks away... I see them all the time. Charity is the only thing that helps me justify being such a douche the rest of the year. You are right though, I did another bounce with the verb and completely lost the vibe.

Padro, thanks for listening! Judging by the style of music you create my site may hold more stuff you would be interested in hearing.

justin3am wrote:Thanks for saying so but I'm not really a very good bass player...
Ok, you don't match Tom Jenkinson in speed and such, but this is really cool. I enjoyed it.

Victor.

This is super slick, Justin. Just wanted to chime in and say good work. All the sounds and fx perfectly balance out in this track.
Merry Christmas, bro.

downloaded, will have to listen to it later.

k

sounds like a Rickenbacker

I like where it all hits the fan right @ midway;

I'd've liked that to occur earlier; a chord prog like this in this many repetitions might need to have more mooring, then =ing hypnotic... [took 2 long?]

love the ending

ur weird

jancivil wrote:sounds like a Rickenbacker

A Thunderbird actually with flat wound strings. Rickenbakers are my favorite to play though, next to Danelectros. Thanks for the input, I've been trying out different ways to break up the monotony in the beginning but I like the contrast between the plodding first half and the seemingly out of contro second half.

jancivil wrote:ur weird
Thanks! 8)

Thanks Vic, I don't ever plan on being at Tom's level but it's sure fun to pick up a real instrument once in a while.

Thanks Jazzy. I'm plad you liked it!

maybe that's it, break in the monotony occurs at the halfway point, then it stays broken

embrace the monotony that's inherent?

if it bends, it's funny

Very nice work Justin, I really enjoyed this. The mix sounds pretty good I think.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Yeah man, big fat juicy squelchoid beast slouching inexorably into these jaded ear drums. Nice listen, justin3am. I like the psychic topography covered...particularly where things dissolve and reform to futuristic funkiness at about 3:50 forward. Makes me want to liberate my nascent, inner-bassist.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Return to “Music Cafe”