3am - Anti-Climax (did I miss anything good?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ugh, June = the shittiest month evar!!1! Good riddance :)

I had bits and pieces of this track going since May. I started out with about 4-5 hours of jammed out material that I had been slowly whittling away at and just ran into one (non-music related) cluster fukc after another.

Anti-Climax

I got back from from New York at about 6 p.m. last night, napped till about 11:30 p.m. then powered through arranging this track all morning. I still need to work my Pro Tools magick on this but I made some processing decisions early on that are making it difficult to extract stems. I may post an update to this but I may just say ffuck it.

Enjoy!

Good that you're back. I will download your song when I get home from work.

fuckinell! how'd you do that?! :hail:

runagate wrote:Good that you're back.
Good to be back! If you only knew what kept me from teh interwebs this past couple eons!
clueless wrote:fuckinell! how'd you do that?!
Do what??? It wasn't me I swear!

Srsly, a lot of the source material here was created back in May (if you are familiar with my Fried Kits, those sounds came from some of the same sessions) so I don't remember exactly what I did but it has a lot to do with the time I'd spent learning the ins and outs of Kore, Massive, Volcano 2, and some other new toys that I acquired over the last few months but never had the time to play with. There are some tricks in there that are just too good to share though :p

Thanks for listening!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... listen in headphones!

Nice !

Shiznit this track is feckin smokin audibly orgasmic ear candy.

tag for when i get home.... :). Welcome back, J.

justin3am wrote:There are some tricks in there that are just too good to share though :p
bah! those are the ones i was asking about... :x :hihi:
justin3am wrote:listen in headphones!
i did! :D

really enjoyed this track

will have to do the headphones later

Holy sh*t! That is a sick track. Killer grooves, awesome sound design and edits. That is definitely in the top 5 of your tracks that I've heard.
Image Image

Okay, I've tracked down the Live sets and PT sessions that made this thing up so I've got a pretty good idea of what kit is used to do what...

Intro = ADM+MFM2
Drums = Battery+TBK3+Air
Breaks = Digi's Transfuser+Ohmicide (later bounced to Live and processed with SV-315MK2 and Lucifer)
Synth rhythms = Kore2 (2 instances of Massive, 1 Absynth and an Ohmboys for good measure)
Bass 1 = Kore2 (Massive+Volcano 2+SV-315MK2+SV-517MK2)
Lead/Bass 2 = Kore 2 (Korg MS-20+TBK)

The pad is part of the Synth rhythms Kore thing I put together. There is a TON of fine detail editing and automation that makes up the really trippy parts. I could say that they involve Fabfilter's Timeless and the Kore2 Grain Shifter but I don't think that even I could duplicate those parts if I tried!

About Digidesign's Transfuser... this is one of the coolest things I've put my hands on in a while. It doesn't do anything that Guru, Stylus RMX, and Battery can't do but I have a lot more fun using it than any of those other apps. It's the closest thing to using a hardware groove box I've come across in the software realm (except it does stuff that no groove box could dream of). I don't want to say better or worse than anything 'cause I'm still in the honey moon phase with it but I will say that it's more fun (for me) than any other drum software I have.

Thanks for the words guys![/quote]

Nice track. Justin ... has that essential 3am sound. The way it kicks in toward the end had me wanting at least another 5 minutes. :D

Great breaks, sweet beat skills. Thanks for sharing!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

polyslax wrote:Holy sh*t! That is a sick track. Killer grooves, awesome sound design and edits.
:tu: what he said.

Lovin' it, absolutely frikkin lovin' it, sir.

Some nice design going on for sure. I like the space it's in. Not sure if it's an over all roomverb or the sample stretching. I got more into the mellower groove parts. It clicked more then the abstract & intense perc parts for me. I always love hearing what you do with the MFM2.
Great stuff.
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

Return to “Music Cafe”