3am - Winter Drought (Rekkerd rmx contest)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess I forgot to post this before... my contribution to the the Rekkerd rmx contest.

Winter Drought

I must say the source loops were really inspiring, it was a lot of fun doing this.

Now go vote for me!!! http://rekkerd.org/sample-remix-contest-time-to-vote/

Whoa, I just re-read what the rules are and TOTALLY forgot others could vote!

I'd vote for you #1 again if I wasn't already required to vote hehe.

Wow! I'm on my second go here and gotta say this is a very cool track. I love the dark, tense mood to it and the sounds are incredible. I haven't heard the original sample set, but from listening to a few entries it sounds as though you quite twisted them and added your own stuff - anyhow, nicely done... killer beats btw and I think I would know that was you in a blind test.
Image Image

an excellent track, Justin!

i'm downloading the .zip file with all the entries, i haven't heard the sample pack, but judging by this track and runagate's submission i'm sure that there are many great other pieces!

Thanks gents! Like I said, the provided material was really high quality and very inspiring. I had this pounded out in record time (well, I think laired holds my record for speedy productions) and though it's much more mello than my typical fodder, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Would have liked to hear a Polyslax interpretation though. :)

justin3am wrote:Thanks gents! Like I said, the provided material was really high quality and very inspiring. I had this pounded out in record time (well, I think laired holds my record for speedy productions) and though it's much more mello than my typical fodder, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Would have liked to hear a Polyslax interpretation though. :)
+1

:D
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Bump! I'm losing my lead guys, help me out!

Well... help runagate out these pluggies are going to him if I win :)

nice work :tu:

vurt wrote:nice work :tu:
Thanks for stopping by Vurt :)

darkly dark and beautifully beautiful, second track I've heard today that put me in mind of Mr Tobin, it has that lumbering lurch that 4 Ton Mantis has. But apart from making comparisons (something I seem to do a lot in many aspects of life) it was a stunningly effective track. But then what else would I expect?

Thanks dlm!

Dark. Dark. Dark. Love. Love. Love.

The only thing I was hoping for was an occasional splash (verb?) that would widen the percussive elements in the begining. They felt like they were staged dead center toward the back in my head... and I was eager for them to occasionally reach out and touch the sides of my brain. I make no sense. :lol: That being said, the other elements then start to fall in which satisfied my ear lust. :hihi:

Mind if I play it on the show? It's haunting... perfect for the dream theme we might be going for this week.
ModuLR / Radio

Sorry it took me a bit to comment (been slammed here lately). Cool stuff. Lots of wonderful swirling leads and great (and a little more restrained) 3amrythms. Awesome work, my friend.

Hey Mod, no problem! I'm glad you dug it. :)

Thanks Jazzy, isn't that the way it always is after a vacation... you gotta hit the ground running. Looking forward to some new Jazzy tunes. :)

this is the sound *I* want. This broods like a Cronenberg film. I know I've heard you use similar lead sound like that one at the very beginning, but it is SO awesome I could listen to it alone for hours.
Teh beautiful, mr 3am.

Return to “Music Cafe”