3am - every black sock (breakcore maybe?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not the best song I've ever written but it was fun as hell to make and their are parts that one *might* be able to dance too.

every black sock

Every sound that resembles a synth (and some sounds that don't) in this track came from Zebra. I also used several Tons of Uhbik and a fair amount of MFM2. Practically everything has been resampled through either Simpler or Kontakt.

Enjoy.

he shoots, he scores! ;-)

love the stutter beat and the way you tease the listener in the opening, the wah epiano, and ... of course: the rude and squishy and slidey bass.

the changes in texture/density (speed!) are very nice; keep us off-balance.

Slick. A lot of dimension in this track's mix (and a lot of movement within that dimension). I am oddly attracted to that great snare sound (I know its a strange thing to fixate on, but it is such a crisp hit). I like how the melody is far more present in this mix than the previous. The trippy delay effect on the drums at the 5:00 mark is inspiring enough to make song all by itself out of.
Nice work.

Now you're just showing off! :wink:

I don't know Justin, your tracks seem to get better all the time, and this one is just embarrassingly good. You handle those beats and spaces like it was childs play, the sounds are flippin gorgeous, and the mix blew me away (on headphones). Thank you for this!
Image Image

wow.
I have nothing to add to what the gentlemen before me have stated.
Yer getting tooo good with this beat manipulation stuff, Justin. It does make me smile a little too big. That's not a bad thing ;P

Please keep "showing off" :lol:

Er, yeah, what they said. :) Good stuff!
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

great track Justin !

Thanks gents, I meant mostly that the music of it is kinda cheesy. Compositionally I think my last few were a bit better. Then again this didn't really need to be emotionally deep, it's fun and loud.

@Racmiel: I have different drum programming styles, just like there are different martial arts techniques. The style I'm using at the end I equate to Drunken Boxing. :hihi:
@Jazzy: there is a lot to be said about the break I used for this but I'll save that for another time.
@Poly: One of my new co-workers is a Pro Tools instructor in a pretty well known production program. He has been tossing tricks down to me faster than I can keep up with. I think the only reason you can hear anything above the bass in this is due to the liberal use of M/S processing (Kim would probably chastise me :lol:).
@bb: I'm glad I could make you smile. :)

Cheers to sink and synthgeek, thanks for listening.

tremendous as always.

i think you've come a long way since i last commented on a tune of yours. you always had the ability but theres a self assuredness (is that even a word) in your work now that sets you apart.

quality as always justin.

cheers,

steve.

blaster78 wrote:tremendous as always.

i think you've come a long way since i last commented on a tune of yours. you always had the ability but theres a self assuredness (is that even a word) in your work now that sets you apart.

cheers,

steve.
You're back!!!! :-o

Our missing A La Kart brother!

justin3am wrote:
blaster78 wrote:tremendous as always.

cheers,

steve.
You're back!!!! :-o

Our missing A La Kart brother!
indeed, been a while....

Welcome back, hope the circumstances of your departure weren't too dire. Hang out for a few minutes, a new Polyslax song should be along shortly (like clockwork, I tell you).

Peace.

somewhat dire and more than a little painfull but mostly better now.

good to see the old crowd still supplying the cafe with some quality tunage.

:wink: :lol:

:shock: Indeed! Great to see you back Steve, hope to get to hear some new music from you at some point.
justin3am wrote:a new Polyslax song should be along shortly (like clockwork, I tell you).
:lol: Not yet I'm afraid... recorded tons of stuff but that's about it.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”