3am - Trestles (Bazille noise)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trestles
Trestles uncompressed

Bazille -> Tyme Sefari -> WTPA -> Reaktor -> Uhbik A

Numerology sequencing Live via APC40. 100% live. Image
Last edited by justin3am on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

My cat had to figure out if she was confused or scared for the first 10 seconds, then at 18 seconds she ran out of the room. :evil: :hihi:

This is Sabrina...

She purs while your eardrums bleed. :evil:

justin3am wrote:Bazille -> Tyme Sefari -> WTPA -> Reaktor -> Uhbik A
A rose tinted future is leaking out of my speakers :cool:

Yeah same here, I have a generic looking all black cat named Lucy (that thinks she is a dog most of the time), and I could have the guitar amp cranked to 11 or some weird noise/synth experimenting going on and she is in the room purring as she sleeps perfectly content, while your pulling your hair out as ear fatigue sets in to get that perfect mix happening. :nutter:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
justin3am wrote:Bazille -> Tyme Sefari -> WTPA -> Reaktor -> Uhbik A
A rose tinted future is leaking out of my speakers :cool:
My mom used to get really bad ear infections when she was a kid and at one point her doctor convinced the family that her brains were leaking out. He said that she would be a "simpleton" for the rest of her life. If that is the case then brains is totally overrated because my mom is one of the smartest ladies I know. Maybe there is something to that whole trepanation thing.

Hey, come to think of it... my wife was born "brain dead" and she is THE smartest person I know. The support for my brains is overrated theory is mounting. 8)

not an easy listen on a monday morning before work by any means but a rather nice proof of concept indeed :clap:

not really got the power to do Bazille justice at the moment but we've just had a few quad machines delivered at work and i think i might have to bring one home on a short term loan and give it a proper shot.

tyme sefari intrigued me as i'd never really given it any attention as i've not got a place to house it, but wow ! this sort of thing, coupled with my desire for a couple of really nice filters to run cheapo digital stuff through makes me think that it might be time to to plonk some money down for a little modular.

steve.

Oh my, I wasn't up on my u-he news... looks/sounds like an awesome piece of game-changing code. 8)

Thanks for the test drive Justin in your own inimitable style!
Image Image

Yeah, easy listening this ain't. :hihi:

If you are interested in the Tyme Sefari but aren't ready to start a full modular check these out...

http://narrat1ve.com/ WTPA?
http://thesquarewaveparade.com/teaspoonCAS.html Teaspoon CAS

But a Doepfer Beauty Case with an A-119, Tyme Sefari, and a Woggle Bug would be pretty dope.

@Poly: Don't walk, Run. Bazille is amazing!!1! :)

justin, this is some alien sh*t! I mean that in a good way... An extremely intruiging dish of noise! What is actually going on? How do you produce such delicious eardrum-ripping delicacies?

How? Um, difficult to answer. I need to finish a video some time. Basically, I've got patterns that trigger the random percussion sounds coming from Bazille, that audio is fed to my modular where the Tyme Sefari samples and mangles that audio via control voltage generated by the Woggle Bug (which is clocked to the master tempo). That audio is sent to the "Where's the party at?" which I use to sample, re-sequence and mangle some more (operation of WTPA? is also sequenced by Numerology). Finally I used an ensemble I built in Reaktor to do most of the fine tuned granular stuff.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

justin3am wrote:Yeah, easy listening this ain't. :hihi:

If you are interested in the Tyme Sefari but aren't ready to start a full modular check these out...

http://narrat1ve.com/ WTPA?
http://thesquarewaveparade.com/teaspoonCAS.html Teaspoon CAS

But a Doepfer Beauty Case with an A-119, Tyme Sefari, and a Woggle Bug would be pretty dope.

@Poly: Don't walk, Run. Bazille is amazing!!1! :)
this is a composition.

there are patterns, there is form, this is actually the most logical thing I've ever heard from you.
great work, kind of perfect.

that's a good look for kitty right there.

I was born brain dead and there's been no apparent improvement, & probably some decline. :?

jancivil wrote:that's a good look for kitty right there.
Yeah, she knows it too. That isn't my stuff, she just lets me use it.

As far as perfect goes... it was a pleasant surprise. I've been doing a lot of stuff on the fly, with little pre-planning (hell, I had barely finished building one of the samplers I used before starting). The result is a lot of garbage, and a few nice gems. This was one of the gems.
jancivil wrote:I was born brain dead and there's been no apparent improvement, & probably some decline. :?
Does that support or refute my theory? :hihi:

anecdotally speaking it tends more to refute it I think.

tell you what, PLANNING is so overrated a thing in music composition.

often it's a substitute for, having an idea.

jancivil wrote:tell you what, PLANNING is so overrated a thing in music composition.

often it's a substitute for, having an idea.
You know how I feel about statements like that. Saying something like that is a commitment, guys don't do so well with that whole commitment thing. Where I'm at right now (emotionally, mentally) planning is next to futile. Since many of my tried and true approaches are proving difficult to keep up with, I've chosen to shed them. Perhaps in time, I will need to express things that can only be realized with cold calculation and planning.

I mean, you know me; the beauty I find isn't in the link I just posted. That's just evidence that something happened. The process is everything. Sometimes it's paced and deliberate, sometimes it's a flash of passion. The result is just something I can share, a secondary relationship. :P :D

Return to “Music Cafe”