Chronos (melodic trance? or house?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My first ever take on trance(?) music:

Chronos

Gear used:
Logic Pro 9
Sylenth1
CSR
Glue
Eurorack modular synth

All comments (positive and negative) are very welcome.

Splendid track :)

Nice bassline, great choice of sounds and not obviously a Trance sound (although there's nothing wrong with that in my book :wink: )

I can't really fault the mixing but i'd take a look at using a long tail reverb on an FX channel and sending a few of the synth parts to it. Especially the L/R panned arp that's begging for some reverb. If you do this to a few of the synth parts it'll really help add a bit of depth to the track and give each part its own space too.

Are you bussing different parts of the track too? Drums, bassline etc? If not i'd definately consider it and compress each on as a group. If you're alrady doing that i'd consider a tighter compression setting, although there's very little wrong with it as it is.

Great work 8)

Well shit I really really enjoyed this one , nice going Kraku !

Ah, the first comment :)

The not-so-trancey-soundscapes of this track were intentional. I tried to take the basic drive etc. from trance, but do it with my own style. This way I'll try to give it my own "fingerprint" :) Because of this I tried to steer away from the traditional/excessive use of reverb and instead try creating the feel of depth with delay.

You might be right about the left/right panning arp. When I listen to the track on headphones, it jumps at me a bit too much. I'll see what I can do to give it it's own space and put it just a wee bit more in the background.

I'm not currently bussing tracks in this song. I was feeling way too lazy as to tweak the mix in great detail :) I might do better drum mixing after I've had a few day's off from working on this track (drums --> bus --> compressor, to get things controlled and more tweaked transients).

But anyway, great comments. Thanks! :)

If anyone else also has some comments, it would be really interesting to hear them :)

I really like this tune Kraku, the synths are all really simple but they're also very well mixed, everything sits together well. It passes the "loud test" with flying colors. Cool tune man! It could do with a bit more edge, but that's a personal thing for me, style wise.

I really enjoy it when artists are conscious of they're own style and are trying to develop it like this tune and your comments show.

It sounds like you've been producing for a while, so I'll just say great work, and keep pushing yourself to find new techniques and sounds.

peace.

Thanks for nice comments :)

Yay! This track was chosen as the Demo of the Month in this month's Future Music \o/ :)

Very nice track! Shoot me a PM in case you want to get it mixed professionally (through an analog console with lot's of outboard). Personally, I like this a lot more than Deadmau5. ;-)

Return to “Music Cafe”