3am - omitted (some ugly for a beautiful sunday)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the process of working on another track, I put together this generative piece.

http://soundcloud.com/justin3am/omitted
http://www.3amnoise.net/omitted.mp3

I used Numerology to control my modular, Octatrack and Pitchfactor. The modular patch is mostly a BBD delay making ugly tones karplus-strong style with an Electroharmonix phaser in the feedback path. I use a NoiseRing to excite the delay line (at the beginning you're just hearing the NoiseRing through a QMMG). The Octatrack is sampling the patch and playing it back in some really twisted ways. All the glitchy pitch shifting and stereo delays are done with the Pitchfactor which I control via midi with LFOs generated by Numerology.

I wasn't very careful with my gain staging so the noise floor of the modular is really obvious. :-( I never noticed that horrible ringing in the high-end before.

Strangely meditative. Also, sort of reminds me of the chaotic structure and rhythm of ocean waves and their varying magnitudes and shapes (probably because I was at the ocean today).

I like how this works. It does give me an impression of waves crashing around a rocky shoreline...

As for the ringing effect...it sounds alright the way it is..if one looks at a modular like I do..sometimes the effect seems appropriate here.. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

i loved that. i got so used to it being in my ears it came as a shock when it ended.
excellent.

neil.

Sweet mother of sound design, that was awesome! I wish you'd let us into your lab more often. 8)
Image Image

Thanks for listening gents. It's funny that this piece evokes ocean imagery for you, so many tracks I do are ocean themed... I think it just happens sub-conciously now since I miss the beach so much. :(

boing!

An appearance by the elusive vurt! Thanks for listening friend.

Awesome! Thre are some really great sounds in there! :)

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Music Cafe”