Outbreak/Break-in/Inside

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now extended. Looks like a strange sort of Rondo trying to happen...

Outbreak/Break-in/Inside
Last edited by jancivil on Sun May 19, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's too late to play this loud right now but tomorrow night I shall subject the rest of the household to the latest rendition. I just played it quietly on my monitors and it sounds great, but I know that this NEEDS volume.

I shall return

the new bit is very busy like the rest, probably exceedingly so. it does need to be loud enough to let the bass be a fat mattress underneath the trouble.

Oh there is trouble alright...I love the bass here...we have EPI 100 monitor speakers here that just eat this stuff up...great work on that bass.... :love:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

the glory should go to Reaktor Spark! this is a truly useful *versatile* instrument... it really puts out some energy.

thanks. we like the regular bass also.
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

the ambiance of the track is really strange but I like it.

it's a good work. :)

heya, thanks.

this thing is getting pretty dangerous sounding.

Ok, thought I'd give this a spin at a decent volume before heading off to work.

Most excellent.

Now where was I going?

it sounds very interesting :)
Music - is my life

Not so short, but still very strange, possibly even stranger :o

Maybe I'm just not 'ready' for this :wink:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Not so short, but still very strange, possibly even stranger :o

Maybe I'm just not 'ready' for this :wink:
Ok! to some extent randomized music, but it sounds interesting :) and not stranger! :) let's continue :)
Music - is my life

it is if anything 'stranger' now. there are two bars in particular that contain rhythms a person in the west won't be too accustomed to. the second of these has the melody doing 9 in the time of 4 in a bar of 5 and a half/4. there are cross-rhythms like that on different levels, more so in the latter section. I blame the drummers. o_O)

but it won't be very strange to an Indian classical musician. Carnatic music has a thing called trikala where the basic time, *tala* can be expressed at multiple levels. L Shankar has a composition in 6 3/4 time - and that's 6 and 3/4 quarters, halfs, dotted eights etc. at the same time extemporaneously. the trick is to navigate that and never lose sight of ONE (of the basis, 6 and 3/4 quarter notes). In that piece he has his dad keeping the tala, hand signals. They have a good time on that number.

9:4 is just triplets inside of a half note triplet, stating them without the 3 emphasis is kind of cubistic tho.

there really isn't any randomness, I intended everything to work out like that.

my god.... all too complicated! did you used the magic numbers? :)
Music - is my life

I like 9 a lot.

Outbreak sounds like Davis' Aura. The first track with McLaughlin's electrifying solo. Cool stuff!

Return to “Music Cafe”