February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

farlukar wrote:I hate happiness.
Next month we should have extreme depression and unhappiness as a theme.

'Happy' is not my thing musically... :hihi:

yes, challenging. I think it's way easier to make dark ambient textures, experimental sessions or agressive grooves among many others than a simple, gentle, uplifting, yet interesting, song. In other words, Mozart's art is beyond reach, for most of us (not that I ever ambitioned such an achievement). Even if his works may sound "easy" sometimes, the contrary is true.

I bet we'll have a lot of parodies or twisted interpretation of the theme, this month. My entry included, if I keep failing to find a way to start. :help:

I really like it. :wink:

Wopelka wrote:Mozart's art is beyond reach, for most of us (not that I ever ambitioned such an achievement). Even if his works may sound "easy" sometimes, the contrary is true.
easy for most people to write that kind of music, no. easy for mozart to write that kind of music ... yes. for him it was as easy as breathing afaik. :-)

robojam wrote:'Happy' is not my thing musically... :hihi:
I see covers aren't forbidden this month...
YAY cop-out! :party:

farlukar wrote:
robojam wrote:'Happy' is not my thing musically... :hihi:
I see covers aren't forbidden this month...
YAY cop-out! :party:
:hihi:

Ah well, I cracked and posted something :hihi:

pljones, avoiding the issue, wrote:The drum track is me playing my AlternateMode TrapKAT to click, MIDI recording in Reaper, MIDI exported to MULAB, bpm upped a lot to 240 bpm
OK, so the click was set to 110bpm. Reaper, though, was set to 120bpm. :dog: Sadness follows whilst trying to figure out why I could not align anything! Anyway, it didn't matter for this but I figured out how to fix it: convert from MIDI to Text (MIDI2MTX), edit the clicks per quarter note from 960 to 850, convert from Text to MIDI (MTX2MIDI). (I'm not sure why 850. My maths says it should be 880 but that didn't seem to work as well... I might try it again as I was having "some issues"...)
pljones wrote:(hey, three minutes!).
Hey, robojam... "3:05"... ;) It's a very different something from mine but just as "something". Nice chimes :).

pljones wrote:Hey, robojam... "3:05"... ;) It's a very different something from mine but just as "something". Nice chimes :).
Really? Ah f**k...I put a fade out at the end too and it showed as 2:58 in Audacity.

So my next question is to D.H. Miltz - can I edit a few seconds more of fade into it and resubmit?

robojam wrote:So my next question is to D.H. Miltz - can I edit a few seconds more of fade into it and resubmit?
Yes.
No longer a moderator.

robojam wrote:Ah f**k...I put a fade out at the end too and it showed as 2:58 in Audacity.
I've had MP3 encoding do slightly weird things to timing occasionally. I double-check in {insert media player of choice here} just to be sure.

D.H. Miltz wrote:
robojam wrote:So my next question is to D.H. Miltz - can I edit a few seconds more of fade into it and resubmit?
Yes.
Thanks - no other edits, just refaded the end so it's now 2:59.

I got my decoder ring. Thanks, Ben (and thanks to Meffy for all the help with the moderator stuff up to now).
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:I got my decoder ring. Thanks, Ben (and thanks to Meffy for all the help with the moderator stuff up to now).
Cool, congrats...

Beware of the boot now! :-o

Thanks, GMoneh.
No longer a moderator.

after 2 months there was a wonder: a technician called, came and solved all the cable mess, his company had made, within two hours. back in da virtual world finally.

melloveryhappy :D :) :D
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Music Cafe”