Battle in Seattle (best mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Battle in Seattle

this one has a new experiment: have the kick causing a raised resonance peak on the guitar at 100hz; every time the kick hits, it raises the resonance peak at 100hz on the guitar. this seems to give the kick drum some heavy 'thwunk' and also does interesting-but-subtle things to the overall guitar tone. ymmv

timing-wise the guitar was moved to its 'grooviest position' so far.

the way the recording goes, the resulting guitar .wav always has a bit of latency. so, there's inevitably some work to be done in 'matching the guitar up' with drums. this here could be the 'best guitar/drums alignment so far'.

when this guitar part was first recorded, it seemed at least a bit sloppy, but it felt good; like it never got too out of hand, and there was some decent interplay between guitar/drums in there. afterwards, when working with the guitar track's .wav file, it seemed i could never get the guitar track back to the groove; to get that 'feeling' of the actual live take as it was played.

this here could be it. it reminds me of doing the actual take; a blooper or two, maybe a couple of smaller mistakes, but a several 'great moments' to balance it out.

there are changes in the bass' tone, and arp patterns.

Very cool ! I like the idea and the way you approach it creatively.
Solid fun

Cheers

Great track. I really like the drums on here. Lots of nice little additions to and variations from the basic rhythmic template. The guitar has a nice, "loose" feel, but it seems to sit well with the rhythm section. The instrument placement gives the track an authentic "live" feel.

Good work :)

Earlier I listened to this one back to back with what I think was the first version up at FAWM (my download manager says I downloaded that one on Feb. 8, so if not the first one then whichever one was up on 2/8) and I can really hear the improvement. It's a cool song made cooler with the extra work.
No longer a moderator.

this is wicked. those drums are astonishingly good :tu:

neil

first of all, i put my pants on like everyone else..one leg at a time.
except once my pants are on, people stare at me because they are on backward....anyway, this was sounding great. vocals, drums, guitars. but
i gotta be honest with you. i coulda used a little more cowbell :tantrum: :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

thanks everyone!

of the 'touch' album songs, 'dr. zong' was also given a reworking:

http://archive.org/download/Touch_273/m ... r_Zong.mp3

Return to “Music Cafe”