Allomerus - Hulk Joke Jail Plan

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hulk Joke Jail Plan.

A co-creation with my (musical) brother Kaiboard, my (real) brother Paul and featuring the bass genius Kjell Johansson. Hulk Joke Jail Plan is an anagram of Kai, John, Paul and Kjell. All the ‘lyrics’ are also anagrams of our names.

Paul Wegner: Drums
Kaiboard: Keyboards, Audio
John Wegner: Guitar, Guitar Synth, Voice, Video
Kjell Johansson: Bass

Hulk Joke Jail Plan is a track with an interesting background. It started off with Paul doing a drum track to a song he knew. We asked him not to tell us what it was. Then Kai and I set about putting music to it. It has been a fun experiment building up the music, especially the middle section which stops and starts all over the place!!!! Although it has taken a while to get to this point. When Kai suggested we ask Kjell to play bass I jumped at the opportunity and he added his magic ( a lot quicker than the rest of it). Anyway, it’s awesome to finally get to the point where we can share it with you!

Thanks for listens.
Cheers,
John

https://soundcloud.com/a11omerus/hulk-joke-jail-plan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQkTLhe4m3c
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

cool track, John and Co. lots of variation as usual and no major mix/production gripes here.
liked the keyboard riffs , guitar and bass playing especially. the tempo change at 3:16 worked well
giving it a "new life" ha. Your heavily processed vocals came in agressively and
fit right in. bravo, gents! :clap: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I like the sleazy 80s sounding synths right after the intro :D cool groove too

layzer wrote:cool track, John and Co. lots of variation as usual and no major mix/production gripes here.
liked the keyboard riffs , guitar and bass playing especially. the tempo change at 3:16 worked well
giving it a "new life" ha. Your heavily processed vocals came in agressively and
fit right in. bravo, gents! :clap: :tu:
Thanks layzer! It was a lot of fun making this but it took us a while... Glad you enjoyed it. :)
Bandcamp

Jesse Gorter wrote:I like the sleazy 80s sounding synths right after the intro :D cool groove too
Hi Jesse. Thanks for listening and commenting. This is the track I was talking about in your post where we started with live drums. :o
Bandcamp

Hi! Ah I see!
I still need to try it, my latest is a little bit more 'programmed' rather than played out by hand

Jesse Gorter wrote:Hi! Ah I see!
I still need to try it, my latest is a little bit more 'programmed' rather than played out by hand
No problem, look forward to hearing what you come up with!
Bandcamp

You can already check it in the forum ^^

Nice groove. With a smooth transition from a 4/4 to a 3/4 time signature, I just keep dancing at a 4/4 and kept going until the song went back to 4/4. I probably would not think of it as tempo change, but I could be wrong.

I like listening to instrumental music. :)
Arch Linux in a custom-built machine, Behringer FCA1616, TC M-One XL, RCA Studio Producer desk

Music I listen to: New Age (instrumental), Epcot (Future World)

Nice one. Interesting composition and arrangement with various parts. Pleasant rhythm and melody lines.

I really dug the section beginning at 1:40 and again at 2:04.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

HULK SMASH JAIL! HULK NO JOKE! Image

A rich, involving composition with lots of variations. The keyboard work is especially tasty. Very nice mix. The video was interesting and complemented the music. Great job! :tu:

Oh Oh Oh, what can I say? Nothing......... :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
......what a Guit from 2:47 :clap:

All the best.
M.

GraysonPeddie wrote:Nice groove. With a smooth transition from a 4/4 to a 3/4 time signature, I just keep dancing at a 4/4 and kept going until the song went back to 4/4. I probably would not think of it as tempo change, but I could be wrong.

I like listening to instrumental music. :)
Thanks Grayson. It has lots of time changes especially in that middle section which we called WTF! Like you I did not worry about the time sigs. and just played along to it. :)
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote:Nice one. Interesting composition and arrangement with various parts. Pleasant rhythm and melody lines.
Thanks Mark! Since we composed this by adding bits over the internet in turn we didn't know how it would come together. So glad it ended up something that you enjoy. :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”