New Prodigy Single

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The introduction is MISERABLE! More amateurish than the music I made back when I was 12... yet the rest is AWESOME!!! Not their best song, of course but it sounds pretty good to me. It doesn't keep me from buying the album.

I like it, actually. Sorta lectroclashy, heavily electro, dunno about some stretches but on the whole it's a hell of a lot more likeable than anything i remember from Fat of the Land. Love the rhythm in particular, big arsekicking Kraftwerky Bambaataa beast it is. The kooky little stabs and loops are great too, and the sample-work is good fun.

You're all entitled to your own opinions too, of course. :) I'm a Prodigy fan from way back though, they're one of my earliest strong conscious musical influences.

Katanaman wrote:The introduction is MISERABLE! More amateurish than the music I made back when I was 12...
Maybe it's a sneaky way to make the rest of the track sound really good. :)

Sorry, folks, but I actually liked it. I'm having flashbacks to my formative years, watching early music videos from Human League, Eurythmics, Tom Tom Club, etc...

Granted, the intro is pretty weak, but once the song gets rolling I liked it. And at least they seem to have lost a bit of the "rock 'n roll" posing attitude seen on recent releases. At least until the video comes out.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Katanaman wrote:The introduction is MISERABLE! More amateurish than the music I made back when I was 12...
I disagree, the clumsy oldskool sound seems very deliberate to me. Not a terribly exciting intro, though, but I still wouldn't call it amateurish...

As for the rest of the track... well, obviously nowhere near their (his) better efforts, but I was prepared for worse from the comments of you guys. I'd say its OK.

Apparently the tunes were made using 99% of reason we had a guy in doing a lecture at my uni from M-audio and he said he was in the studio with Keith and thats all the used, thats probably why its not up to usual standards.

Liam is the man. This track is slamming. Its new, fresh and sexy. If you dont like it, you just dont get it.

what is the name of the new single?? i am having a heck of a time trying to "google" it...

Cheers!

I tend to like electroclash and the like (felix da housecat, ladytron etc.) but I'm sorry - this single is pretty shit. I was a huge Prodigy fan at one time as well....never mind. Seems like lazy bandwagon jumping to me.

From the props interview with Liam Howlett..

"So, Reason is pretty much the meat of the sound on the new album?

– Literally everything you’ll hear on the new album has been written on Reason. Everything starts there. Eventually we get to a stage where the song is written, and then we – that’s my producer Neil McClennan and I – move it into ‘Tools where we finish off everything, and that works great since Reason integrates with ProTools really well. Everything that comes out of Reason sounds really good, it’s got this sound, I think – a kind of certain... everything sounds like it “locks in” really good, you know? And that sound we got out of Reason is something that we now and again had to go back to Reason to duplicate; sometimes we’d do a thing in ProTools and it just didn’t rock it like Reason did, so we’d take it out of ProTools and try to duplicate it in Reason instead."

I like it. Its not what everybody thought it would be and that's great. That's what makes them fun to listen to. Can't wait for the rest of the album!
-="I beat the Internet...the end guy is hard"=-

visa tapani wrote: I disagree, the clumsy oldskool sound seems very deliberate to me. Not a terribly exciting intro, though, but I still wouldn't call it amateurish...
The problem is not with the samples. It's the synth line which follows. It just doesn't fit the song at all.

That break at 2:07 is awful! :lol:

What the hell was he thinking with that wibbly synth line? :-o

is that sample saying 'making cash money?'

cash money?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Miro wrote: cash money?
As opposed to non-cash money, of course ;)

It sounded OK... Not nearly as good as something like Minefields or Desiel Power, but not TOO horrible :)
Jomdom.Net
The place you go when you click the wrong link.

Thought it was better than anything that I would normally hear on daytime radio at the moment and would sound good played nice and loud in the right environment - probably needs a couple of listens. Has that Prodigy sound but it seems Liam is doing the type of music that he wants to do at this moment in time, which is slightly different to the old style Prodigy. Everyone's musical tastes change over a period of time and this is reflected by the type of music they might produce. This will ultimately mean that previous Prodigy fans might not like the new stuff but Prodigy will also get new listeners.

Return to “Music Cafe”