3am - Visitor (feat. Debra1rlo) spacey synths and glitchy guitars

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Top notch track that. :)

:tu:
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Thanks for listening everyone!

given this 2 or 3 listens now. purdy darn good, giz we moar.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Cool! Nice soundscape and ambiance..

Socket to me!
I liked this. Knobs and stuff, in and out stuff, dark jungly trails with snakes and filters.
Keep walking the dark forest trail.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

excellent! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Nice to hear from Deb once again... :wink:

:tu:

You guys are too much!
Nice to hear from Deb once again... :wink:
Deb has been doing the rock star thing. Playing shows all over the place and recording an album.

I'm totally honored/humbled that she makes the schlep from OC to the valley for our jam sessions, even if it's only a few times a year. I think if it were up to her, we'd work together more often... but I can be difficult and more than a bit flaky. I'm naturally reclusive but she encourages me to get over stupid self. :D

I think she's pretty active on Facebook.

I'm totally honored/humbled that she makes the schlep from OC to the valley for our jam sessions, even if it's only a few times a year. I think if it were up to her, we'd work together more often... but I can be difficult and more than a bit flaky. I'm naturally reclusive but she encourages me to get over stupid self. :D
Who is this Debra? [speaking in Russian accent like spy]
I see no hide nor hare of her. You peaked my curiosity now.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Deb still posts occasionally. Debra1rlo Her post count was higher than mine for a while but even I don't post as much as I used to. But where ever there is an abundance of jam options, she'll be there. Where a Jordan Rudess meme is needed, she'll be there.

Punchy as *^%@. For a jam this sounds very structured/planned/written, an unnatural serendipity. As ariston stated, the length is just about perfect, with the "leave 'em wanting more" factor. Damn good mix too.

Good work :tu:

I enjoyed the selection of sounds. Not bad for a jam!

Thanks gents!
While this piece started as a jam, it wasn't a one take affair. When I work with Deb, I usually have a few looping patterns set up ahead of time and we just record to clips while those patterns play in the background. Once we are done, I arrange the patterns in to a composition and edit the clips down to fit the arrangement.

The mix was actually something I struggled with, as there is a lot going on in the low-mids. I ended up sacrificing a lot of the detail in the bass sound so that the drums would still sound punchy.

I had material for a 20min track, with all that we recorded on that day. Some cool parts weren't actually used and will likely end up as sample food for another project. :)

Rad! Took me on a ride.

Return to “Music Cafe”