Clone No 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have to say that I am not a huge fan of the voice synth sound in there. Just sounds a little awkward and fakey to me. I think the composition is really nice though. The piano work is really beautiful.

ok I have to disagree with akbenson71 on the voice sound... I clicked on this because my Dad and I are sci-fi fans, and "Clone 2" sounds right up our alley. I immediately thought that the fake sounding voice sound is perfect for the title. I'm not a fan of the piano but I do like the track!

Isn't it weird how my take is 100% at odds with the above post! Goes to show that music is subjective, I guess. :-)

akbenson71 wrote:I have to say that I am not a huge fan of the voice synth sound in there. Just sounds a little awkward and fakey to me. I think the composition is really nice though. The piano work is really beautiful.
Thanks for listening, akbenson71.
The vocals - I know the ideal is to hire some singers, but that just isn't practical for me, so, enter The Ladies, by Realitone. I wanted a more "modern" sound, else I would have used my EastWest choir lib.
Ironically, the piano part was a last minute addition! :tu:

13/8 - Bill Bruford would approve. I loved the track, particularly the piano, but some of the vocal sounds were a little unnatural, maybe when the notes move out of the modal register into the world of falsetto where they almost seem to take on the characteristics of a harmonica.

Good work :)

This was pretty cool!

I thought I recognized The Ladies but you were messing with the harmonics which sounds pretty interesting. I don't own TL but checked it out.

I liked the changes in instrumentation that you don't expect, changing the flavor.

I like piano. Hell, I even like the bagpipes (sometimes).

Nice!

Return to “Music Cafe”