12 year old producer here, please check out my track!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Aloysius, sbj, Vortifex, el-bo, and xalama qo!

In terms of sound, production and the use of your DAW it sounds pretty good, especially for your age :tu: I doubt I could do those 'special effects' sounds even if I wanted to, maybe I ma too old for that :hihi:

The beginning sounds so familiar, but at the moment I don't remember which song it reminds me of :) Maybe it is two songs, actually. I will keep thinking...

I think up until 1 min and again from 1:55 till the end it sounds a bit too loose for my taste, no glue to keep those bits together and flowing, so to speak. Then again, maybe it is supposed to be that way, whatever that genre is called...

PS: I think you should not have mentioned your age.

Thanks so much fluffy_little_something! I appreciate the advice!

Enjoyable with some quirky, original touches. You're off to a strong start. :tu:

the first thing i noticed is that it's way too loud, with little to no dynamic range. i suggest to watch some videos on dynamic range to get a better idea of whats going on.

other than that it's pretty damn good for a 12 year old...

You play different instruments like Saxophon, Piano, Drums and it seems you make also jazz music?
You have access to a bigger studio if I see your Instagram posts (your dad is a successful musician/producer in LA?)
You had some gigs, played on stage (with your band?)
So there is a good chance to bring it up to the next level because you have all you need.

My question: are you experimenting with different styles or why you don't make eg. jazz and try to become in some years the best jazz youngstar ;)

Enjoyed listening to this track.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

fresh
inspiring
sound separation/dynamics good and simple not muddy
plenty of breathing room/diverse and varied instrumentation
it's got a beat and you can dance to it
can I play it twice?

Listened to your song and checked out some of your live Youtube performances. You're doing very good things, keep working hard and having fun. Best of luck!

I listened to FAZE, sounds very disjointed to me. I would like to hear more of a smooth track, not that I mind the dubstep elements and sound. Just doesn't sound like one complete song if that makes any sense. I was friends with a kid when he was about your age and later he got signed to Ferry Corsten's label so it can happen. I never imagined he would go that far when I first met him. He was actually teaching me stuff back then and I was much older than him. He goes by the name Breakfast, really talented guy.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Not even gonna lie, I made an account in the hopes that you'd let me remix this. You've got mad potential.

Thanks aeox! I'll keep that in mind!

4damind, I love jazz but I also love making electronic music, so I work on both. I guess you could say that I'm still experimenting.

Thanks everybody for the support!

Thanks sauceog! Of course you can remix this!

Return to “Music Cafe”