The Entropy Clause (ElectroProg - Seismic Disorderliness)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The latest release from Ambient Online (Vol 8, Part 3), featuring almost 6 hours of music, comprising 47 tracks made by members of Ambient Online, was released yesterday. For the princely sum of $6, you can't go wrong.

This track was completed about 6 months ago, and features conservatively stretched audio along with a couple of synths.

Dark and dirty ambience - or so I thought.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/the-entropy-clause

recorded/mixed and pre-mastered in EnergyXT2.7 - Mastered in T-Racks 3

Activators and Agitators:-

Z3ta+2
Miroslav Philharmonik
SampleTank 2
Wollo FMERA2
Dune 2
Audacity
Paulstretch
2C B2
Blue Cat Gain3 Stereo
T-Racks EQ PG
Nugen Stereoizer3
U-He Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks EQP-1A

DR - 10

The album may be found here:-

https://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/albu ... part-three

that's some proper ambient , as i define the form ...
i quite enjoyed it ...

experimental.crow wrote:that's some proper ambient , as i define the form ...
i quite enjoyed it ...
I'm always a little nervous posting stuff with an "ambient" descriptor, in case I've overdone the melodic or rhythmic components.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you liked it :)

Great ambient. I have tried this genre so I know how difficult it is to achieve this kind of classy song. Cool

Mysterious and spacey with a huge sound. Suitable for sci-fi soundtracks or films which involve the supernatural. Good stuff. :tu:

In other news, your "Indefinite Articles" album is finding its way into my regular listening rotation. Well crafted and more uptempo than your recent material. "Stand Still, I Say" is a definite favorite. :phones:

Oh dear. I seem to have already commented on SC.
Oh well...
Nice work :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hezekiel wrote:Great ambient. I have tried this genre so I know how difficult it is to achieve this kind of classy song. Cool
Thanks very much for the listen and the great comments, Hezekiel. Glad you enjoyed it :)

The piece I'm currently working on is also in the ambient area, but is quite different in execution, much "cleaner"

This was a little dark and mysterious but also relaxing and calming. Maybe good ambient is electronic music’s fan dance. Subtlety and grace.

:tu:

Frantz wrote:Mysterious and spacey with a huge sound. Suitable for sci-fi soundtracks or films which involve the supernatural. Good stuff. :tu:
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Frantz. This track was made from a few timestretched pieces pilfered from L'Énergie Concentrée and a couple of synth additions. Glad you enjoyed it :)
Frantz wrote: In other news, your "Indefinite Articles" album is finding its way into my regular listening rotation. Well crafted and more uptempo than your recent material. "Stand Still, I Say" is a definite favorite. :phones:
Good to hear that this is still holding up :tu: I'm currently "working" on a couple of albums, but it would be hopelessly optimistic of me to set a planned release date for either of these, given the snail-like pace that I've been completing musical projects recently. The first of these is probably at least 18 months away.

In other news, I actually worked on a new "techno" piece today.

:tu: Very good transparent sound. Good ambient.

folderol wrote:Oh dear. I seem to have already commented on SC.
Oh well...
Nice work :)
Thanks very much for the bump, folderol :tu:

Some very nice ambient choirs that just came over huge on my phones. great build up as usual
with some deliciously creepy droans. dark and dirty hit the nail on the head. nice one, Tim.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

fastlanephil wrote:This was a little dark and mysterious but also relaxing and calming. Maybe good ambient is electronic music’s fan dance. Subtlety and grace.

Thanks very much for the great comments, and for taking the time to listen, fastlanephil. Glad you liked it :)

I think the sounds used on here give the track its dark character, but the melodic/harmonic components are lightening the mood a little.

seismic1 wrote:
fastlanephil wrote:This was a little dark and mysterious but also relaxing and calming. Maybe good ambient is electronic music’s fan dance. Subtlety and grace.

Thanks very much for the great comments, and for taking the time to listen, fastlanephil. Glad you liked it :)

I think the sounds used on here give the track its dark character, but the melodic/harmonic components are lightening the mood a little.
OMG, the hair on my forearm ... this track is great.
I have to definitely check out Ambient Online.

Got some very deep space vibes to it. Great candidate for a sound track as others have mentioned. Dark ambient indeed. Great work!

Return to “Music Cafe”