LSD-25

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my LSD-25. Besides two short synth tracks it's all orchestral variations on that old British pop tune about someone named Lucy, who apparently lived in some really weirded out clouds with expensive jewelry.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/lsd-25

At first this was challenging because it alternates between being very close to the Beatles song and sounding quite different and bombastic. After a few listens, I got comfortable with it.

A new twist on an old classic. Good job. :)

The story of the real Lucy:

Yeah, I definitely perverted the intro on this but not as much on the other segments. It probably reflects my own experiences.

Lennon’s explaination of the inspiration for Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is incomplete at best. His Doctor Roberts from the previous album, Revolver, was obviously about someone who supplied you with drugs.

It was good to hear an alternative take on the original. I think the new arrangement worked very well. My favourite part was the intro/outro. That was very "soundtracky".

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:It was good to hear an alternative take on the original. I think the new arrangement worked very well. My favourite part was the intro/outro. That was very "soundtracky".

Good work :)
Thanks! (Again?)

Return to “Music Cafe”