Another 80's/early 90's song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

This song tells about accomplishments, and still in the 80's/early 90's style :) I have always wanted to make a song with this kind of vibe, feels like one of those songs for a happy ending final scene... I draw inspiration from Disney's Hercules "Go the Distance", the new Supergirl series' theme, and that song from the final scene in Mr Holland's Opus.

A good start for the year :D Please enjoy! :)

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/legacy

You have a nice composition here, something very nostalgic.

Around the 1:48 mark, that synth comes in way too hot imo, made me turn down my volume...

Other than that, I think you have a nice track here :)

I'm still waiting for the female vox to start...

I like it, it definitely captures that vibe of early 90s slow-mo emotional movie shots. And yes, at 1:48 it is very loud for a few seconds. The solo itself didn't seem quite as loud.

kind of funny how higher pitched sounds dont have to be so loud to
be heard in the mix, which makes sense since in the overall mix,
its usually the low end having more volume, ie; the declining slant from lows
to highs or the rising slant from highs to lows, whichever you prefer. :idea:

hi Adi, nice tune, btw :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hi JKillz,Sjm,and Layzer,

Many thanks for listening and the comments, much appreciated! Glad the 90s vibe can be felt :D

Yes,I agree with the 1:48 part..in some speakers,it can actually cause a really sharp sound. I will work on it,many thanks!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

I'm definitely getting the happy ending/finale vibes here, Adi. I didn't have a problem with the lead volume at 1:48 on my main system. I was sat about 5 metres from the speakers and listening at a decently high volume.

Good work, and a Happy New Year :)

Hi Tim,

great to hear from you! And many thanks for the kind comments, always appreciated. Yes, that's the thing, in some speakers/headphones the 1:48 part works very well, but in some others it may even causes a very sharp sound, which is very unpleasant :lol: I will have to work around it, see if I can make sure it sounds well in other speakers, haha...!

Oh, and happy new year to you too :)

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Hi Adi,

This is definitely has the vibe of 90s happy ending songs. I listened on headphones and the 1:41 section was fine...

Well done!
John
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”