Nuages set [1, 2, & 3], Périphériques (1).

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I listened to Nuages 3. Expertly orchestrated as usual. Maintains tension and interest throughout.

SonicCouture has some unique, quality offerings.

Great stuff. 8)

Thank you. For me Nuages (1) and 3 are the ones.

Thanks unaspected. Nuages 2 first section really gets up there. The 'strings' are Absynth (5). Open up the Cloud filter and it gets pretty intense. So I'm applying a lot of CC control to shape the highs; some of it is orchestral, some of it reminds me of Geosonics Wires sound design. So these patches are doing all sorts of things. I like surprises; the Replika XT with some feedback gets ridiculous. The end of Nu 3 or where it turns into birdsong before the big change in Nu 2 are 'Oh really. That is completely insane of you.' The 32-second envelopes feeding back...

Unaspected wrote: the edge of discomfort

I really enjoyed listening and will have to consume more later.
the original "Nuages" probably goes past that edge. But it's the final cycle of 'Kali Yuga' and rebirth in 4 minutes 11 sec. That's the 'significant' one. Go for Nuages 3, it's not so traumatic. :D

Thank you. I'm listening to the first passage now and am equally as impressed. It feels almost like an initiation; where trepidation melts into order as you learn to trust.

Now, listening to Nuages 3; it does feel like a conclusion to the other pieces. Sticking with a theme of initiation; it is as though you can now look at the darkness or unknown and feel comfort in it. The mystery still exists but is under control.

Really beautiful work.

jancivil wrote:Thank you. For me Nuages (1) and 3 are the ones.

Thanks unaspected. Nuages 2 first section really gets up there. The 'strings' are Absynth (5). Open up the Cloud filter and it gets pretty intense. So I'm applying a lot of CC control to shape the highs; some of it is orchestral, some of it reminds me of Geosonics Wires sound design. So these patches are doing all sorts of things. I like surprises; the Replika XT with some feedback gets ridiculous. The end of Nu 3 or where it turns into birdsong before the big change in Nu 2 are 'Oh really. That is completely insane of you.' The 32-second envelopes feeding back...
You're welcome.

I never did pick up Geosonics, though I heard good things about it. I have quite a few of SonicCouture's instruments though and love their work. The rest of the plugins you've mentioned, I own. I don't know why but I found Replika XT to be surprisingly good - only used on one track so far but it will definitely be getting further use.

Geosonics is appropriately vast, a whole universe in there. Really using it, setting up automation of it, can really kill the CPU though. Working with it while working in Absynth, they both use really three oscillators so with all that's available in one of them is like three instruments unified. But now the CPU situation really demands multicore distribution. VE Pro can devote cores to instances, though.

Thanks for the generous remarks.

No more generous than is deserved.

Nuages 2 tweaked

Nuages 2

Never loved the initial attack, tried to finesse it; after some distance I finally dealt with it with a TamTam bloom.

I actually boosted some highs near the beginning. :P
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Your second Nuages is a great piece Jancivil - sophisticated, interesting, lovely to listen to I really like the spatialisation - the perfect soundstage for Magellanic clouds

Thanks, Greg!

Just listened to Nuages 2. This new version is a lovely juxtaposition of sounds and themes. Suits the subject matter perfectly.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Muchas gracias.

Not so much a new version, just the beginning had to be more of a bang than a poot. And then believe it or not I thought the initial piccolo flute and other squeals were too light.

I may want to rework the first hammered Rhodes section, the way it wraps up prematurely. I still have all the parts and a viable project file. Too hot here right now.

jancivil wrote:Muchas gracias.

Not so much a new version, just the beginning had to be more of a bang than a poot. And then believe it or not I thought the initial piccolo flute and other squeals were too light.

I may want to rework the first hammered Rhodes section, the way it wraps up prematurely. I still have all the parts and a viable project file. Too hot here right now.
These things never end do they...
Nice weather here at the moment (Cool 19C). Hope it improves for you soon. It's annoying when it's too hot to make music.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Yeah, it feels like that sometimes. 3 of 4 here are done. The Gordian Knot of this one section, I'm going to have to drink some coffee to deal with. I think I can, I think I will.

Weirdly, it got cold before the night was over.

thanks

- so I did the damn thing. I did not much untie the Gordian Knot that is the first part of the section in question but loosened it a little in the one spot.

Nuages 2
This is it for this one. Except now visualized. ^

I'm testing Youtube normalization of audio today so I recut the video, removing the stupid intro. I had f**ked the video edit up or something so there was this opening titles for 6 seconds or so before the actual visualized music. One of those I think I'm losing what little mind I have left.
I struggled to put something there because I liked the visual that much but fuggit.

https://youtu.be/IM5FhTts7DA
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”