[Trance] The Void Beckons

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks recursive one, I can appreciate the feedback too, my brother tends the say similar comments as well. I will continue to work on darker melodies going forward since that is my personal taste anyways :)

JKillz wrote:Thanks recursive one, I can appreciate the feedback too, my brother tends the say similar comments as well. I will continue to work on darker melodies going forward since that is my personal taste anyways :)
Sure, I don't insist on you changing the melody, it's your track after all :) It sounds fine, I was just expecting something a bit darker in the context of the track. The synths create a strong psychedelic atmosphere so I thought that a less "light-hearted" melody would fit here better. Just a thought, you may try to transpose just a couple of notes so that they would fit the Phrygian mode (the scale most typically used in psy/goa) and see if it works better.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yea, I agree. I mean, I also wanted it to have a slightly darker side to it, but that is an area I am working on. I used a minor scale (have been teaching myself some basic music theory) and am interested in the Phrygian mode. I'll be sure to see how I can apply it in my next track, thanks again for the great advice.

JKillz wrote:Yea, I agree. I mean, I also wanted it to have a slightly darker side to it, but that is an area I am working on. I used a minor scale (have been teaching myself some basic music theory) and am interested in the Phrygian mode. I'll be sure to see how I can apply it in my next track, thanks again for the great advice.
This is more or less what we were discussing on the IL forums a month or so ago, if you remember that. I can shoot you the link via PM if you want it. IIRC, it was what inspired you to make some psy in the first place ;)

I appreciate it sjm, I'll reference back to it. I have some time tonight to do a bit of experimentation and learning. I have a new track in the works, but have only finished the core instrument setup and initial sound designs, so I am about to start on the melodic/mood piece now.

Thanks again, this is what makes our communities so amazing, everyone stepping up to help each other!

Return to “Music Cafe”