The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:31 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:20 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:16 pm Thanks for the listen and the feedback. I do all the things you told me to do.

Obviously, for you, not enough.
That's the spirit!
I was simply stating the facts. He listed a number of things he said I should have done on the track. I told him that I did do those things. So obviously, I didn't do them enough for his satisfaction. Nothing to do with spirit. Just cold hard facts.
Actually Wags, he posted pretty much how I feel about this. There isn't any 'my satisfaction' involved here. People (including myself) have taken time to give you constructive feedback and your replies are basically always the same evasive bs to keep yourself from committing to just about anything that would better your results. At the same time you are questioning the fact that some streaming service won't take you up in their portfolio while the answer is clear; your production value is below the mark.

You didn't do anything of what I proposed (or others), because then it would be evident in your results. Seriously, opening up a mix by using constructive EQ and bussed reverb and such is pretty OBVIOUS in a mix when it's done. Your mixes are leveled nicely, but there is not much else going on there.

So basically you are asking for feedback, but only want to hear how good you are. And stop the "I'm not good enough, it i what it is" rhetoric as a recurring theme to hide behind. People who are telling you that your tracks sound great, fantastic or whatever term they use to describe absolute quality, are not doing you any service, as your tracks production don't rise above demo quality. They simply don't sound like there was any serious production time thrown at them. And to be clear here, at the pace you are pumping them out, it is impossible to get to a production level result, as that takes time. It's as simple as that.

But hey, you are showing you have a firm grasp on your do's and don'ts so yeah.... that's the spirit.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:24 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:31 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:20 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:16 pm Thanks for the listen and the feedback. I do all the things you told me to do.

Obviously, for you, not enough.
That's the spirit!
I was simply stating the facts. He listed a number of things he said I should have done on the track. I told him that I did do those things. So obviously, I didn't do them enough for his satisfaction. Nothing to do with spirit. Just cold hard facts.
Actually Wags, he posted pretty much how I feel about this. There isn't any 'my satisfaction' involved here. People (including myself) have taken time to give you constructive feedback and your replies are basically always the same evasive bs to keep yourself from committing to just about anything that would better your results. At the same time you are questioning the fact that some streaming service won't take you up in their portfolio while the answer is clear; your production value is below the mark.

You didn't do anything of what I proposed (or others), because then it would be evident in your results. Seriously, opening up a mix by using constructive EQ and bussed reverb and such is pretty OBVIOUS in a mix when it's done. Your mixes are leveled nicely, but there is not much else going on there.

So basically you are asking for feedback, but only want to hear how good you are. And stop the "I'm not good enough, it i what it is" rhetoric as a recurring theme to hide behind. People who are telling you that your tracks sound great, fantastic or whatever term they use to describe absolute quality, are not doing you any service, as your tracks production don't rise above demo quality. They simply don't sound like there was any serious production time thrown at them. And to be clear here, at the pace you are pumping them out, it is impossible to get to a production level result, as that takes time. It's as simple as that.

But hey, you are showing you have a firm grasp on your do's and don'ts so yeah.... that's the spirit.
If you like, I can take screen prints of everything that went into the track in question and you can see for yourself that I did in fact do all the things you said to do. Perhaps the send levels aren't high enough. Perhaps my EQ cuts were in places that you don't feel they should have been. And so on. But I did in fact do what you said to do. Saying I didn't is calling me a liar and I resent that.

If you want the proof, I can show you the proof.

When I say I did something, I assure you, I did it.

** EDIT ** One last thing. No matter how good I make these changes you want me to make, my demos are only ever going to be demos because I can't sing for shit. Nothing is going to make my music sound professional. I am not a performer. I never was, I never will be and I never wanted to be. All I ever wanted to be was a songwriter and get signed to write songs. To that end, and yes, it did take me 42 years, I finally did get signed. My songs will be released commercially in Europe and Asia by a group that has a nice following out there. So I've accomplished my goals set out for me 42 years ago and I'm content. My own productions, because of my limitations as a performer, will only ever be demos and I'm fine with that.

Just wanted to clear that up.

crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:24 am People (including myself) have taken time to give you constructive feedback and your replies are basically always the same evasive bs to keep yourself from committing to just about anything that would better your results. At the same time you are questioning the fact that some streaming service won't take you up in their portfolio while the answer is clear; your production value is below the mark.
Spot on :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:43 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:24 am People (including myself) have taken time to give you constructive feedback and your replies are basically always the same evasive bs to keep yourself from committing to just about anything that would better your results. At the same time you are questioning the fact that some streaming service won't take you up in their portfolio while the answer is clear; your production value is below the mark.
1. I thought we were done.

2. Read my response. I am not a performer. I am a writer. I got my writing gig and that's all I care about. I'm not looking to be the next Max Martin.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:48 pm
I wasn't talking to you ... I was responding to crimsonwarlock.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:55 pm
And as usual you're just barging into my thread, offering no constructive feedback, and just trying to get under my skin.

I know what you were doing and you know damn well what you were doing to. You're just trying to get a rise out of me and I'm fed up with it.

Go away!

14th track from my upcoming CD "Chroma"

Okay, I'm really trying to get better at this mixing thing. I went through the steps of mixing this track to eliminate boxiness. That was my main goal. I did everything I know how to do to attain that goal. When I was done, I compared this track to the previous one that was called "boxy" by another member here and, to me, they sound the same.

So I don't know. Maybe I don't know what boxy means. Maybe I don't know what boxy sounds like. Maybe I don't know how to fix boxy correctly. And unless somebody shows me, I'm not going to know how and my demos will still sound like demos. But it wasn't from lack of trying. I don't know how to fix this problem that I'm not hearing. So yeah, maybe it's my ears.

Anyway, here it is. Other than the boxiness, my lousy singing voice, my fair musicianship and my mediocre song writing, if there are any other comments you'd like to make, feel free.

If That's Love Calling (Take A Message)

Sittin' on the couch and nursing a beer
From the other room the phone I hear
I just let it ring cause I really don't care
My machine can let me know what's doin' there

If that's love calling take a message
If that's love calling tell her I'm not here
Cause I've been burned way too much
And I've really had enough
If that's love calling
I'll call back next year

The phone keeps ringing it never quits
I swear to myself this time is it
If only it would get the hint I'm not home
That all I want is just to be left alone

Repeat Chorus

One of these days
I'm gonna rip that phone out of the wall
Maybe after I do it
She'll understand I don't want her to call

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -a-message

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:58 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:55 pm
And as usual you're just barging into my thread, offering no constructive feedback, and just trying to get under my skin.

I know what you were doing and you know damn well what you were doing to. You're just trying to get a rise out of me and I'm fed up with it.

Go away!
You do know you don't have to respond? I was well out of this thread until out of the blue you mentioned that me 'n' Russ should form a club ... and even then you spelled my name wrong. This is a public forum and I'll respond however and whenever I wish. If you don't like it then take your own advise.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 am If you like, I can take screen prints of everything that went into the track in question and you can see for yourself that I did in fact do all the things you said to do.
Seriously ? .......... :dog:

You want to show me things you did that are obviously not giving audible results in your track, and you still don't grasp what's wrong with how you approach all this.

By the way, do you realize you didn't even point to any song in particular that you so clearly 'solved' in accordance to my suggestions ?

Your attitude is your greatest enemy, so I'm done trying to help out. I'm out of here.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:26 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 am If you like, I can take screen prints of everything that went into the track in question and you can see for yourself that I did in fact do all the things you said to do.
Seriously ? .......... :dog:

You want to show me things you did that are obviously not giving audible results in your track, and you still don't grasp what's wrong with how you approach all this.

By the way, do you realize you didn't even point to any song in particular that you so clearly 'solved' in accordance to my suggestions ?

Your attitude is your greatest enemy, so I'm done trying to help out. I'm out of here.
For crying out loud, it's the LAST SONG I POSTED.

Sheesh.

Did you even bother reading what I wrote that I admit I don't know how to fix the problem?

God I hate this place.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:29 pm God I hate this place.

Catchy tune. Wagsteen.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:33 pm Catchy tune. Wagsteen.
Thank you.

wagtunes,
Thanksgiving threw off my usual timing. I'm reviewing "If That's Love Calling": instrumentally, everything sounds very solid. The entire song has good melodies; the vocal melodies and singing I like a bit better in the chorus. The mix sounds quite good to me. Nice song! :) Please review my music at this link (if you review both, I'll owe you one):

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=535790&p=7595535#p7595535
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:59 am wagtunes,
Thanksgiving threw off my usual timing. I'm reviewing "If That's Love Calling": instrumentally, everything sounds very solid. The entire song has good melodies; the vocal melodies and singing I like a bit better in the chorus. The mix sounds quite good to me. Nice song! :) Please review my music at this link (if you review both, I'll owe you one):

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=535790&p=7595535#p7595535
Thanks for the listen and the feedback Aaron. Hope you had a nice holiday. Will be checking out your new one shortly after I wake up. lol.

Return to “Music Cafe”