The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Final track from "Outtakes" First verse lyrics actually came from an episode of "The Flash", one of the funniest lines Leonard Snart ever said. Of course Wentworth Miller's delivery is just flawless. I so miss him since he left Legends Of Tomorrow.

Go to 5:37 of video

https://youtu.be/lJ3IANJN1rk?t=336

Anyway, here's the song.

The Take Out

Make the plan
Execute the plan
Expect the plan to go off the rails
Throw away the plan
That's how you do the take out

Mice and men
Time and time again
It all goes wrong
Then we write a song

Draw it out
Then you go and shout
The voice you use determines results
That's what it's about
That's how you do the take out

Repeat Bridge

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... lead-vocal

Music to listen to AND a quote from Captain Cold! Life is good :0)

Hooky from the very first second - great little quirky, driving rhythm to start things rolling!

Great little harmonica sound as well...might like it even more layered with another sound maybe? Not sure?

This is seriously catchy - vocal melody rises and falls / stops and starts at exactly the right moments...fits very well with the backing rhythms and chords.

Cyber Voice works very well on this material...no issues for me at all.

Personally, I would've liked the harmonica 'solo' to be a bit more developed, but the track doesn't need it...that's just me, I like to improvise!

ChamMusic wrote:Music to listen to AND a quote from Captain Cold! Life is good :0)

Hooky from the very first second - great little quirky, driving rhythm to start things rolling!

Great little harmonica sound as well...might like it even more layered with another sound maybe? Not sure?

This is seriously catchy - vocal melody rises and falls / stops and starts at exactly the right moments...fits very well with the backing rhythms and chords.

Cyber Voice works very well on this material...no issues for me at all.

Personally, I would've liked the harmonica 'solo' to be a bit more developed, but the track doesn't need it...that's just me, I like to improvise!
Thanks for the listen. I had a serious debate issue with the harmonica part. I was torn between fancy and possibly cliche'd or ridiculously simple, which is what I went for. Oh, by the way, the Harmonica is Chris Hein's, which can do some seriously complex stuff with all the keyswitching available. I opted to leave it all out.

I just may do a second version with a more fancy harmonica part but honestly, I don't think it'll work given the overall "ambiance" of the track. I think it works because it is so simple. But the only way to find out is to experiment.

I'll put it on my to-do list.

Nice to see another Captain Cold fan. He's my favorite Flash villain.

wagtunes wrote:which can do some seriously complex stuff with all the keyswitching available.
key switching dominates my composing life! :0) Sometimes it is best to keep it simple...I need to be reminded of that constantly! :0)
wagtunes wrote:I just may do a second version with a more fancy harmonica part but honestly, I don't think it'll work given the overall "ambiance" of the track. I think it works because it is so simple. But the only way to find out is to experiment.
Had another listen focusing on the Harmonica part...actually I think you're right, complicating it might spoil the groove / flow of the piece?

snart and mick weirded me out, theyre the brothers off prison break, cant they act separately?

but snarts voice was cool, suppose its expected from cap cold :hihi:

vurt wrote:snart and mick weirded me out, theyre the brothers off prison break, cant they act separately?

but snarts voice was cool, suppose its expected from cap cold :hihi:
Those two were great together. Mick is still cool on Legends. The nicknames he gives the Legends crack me up. Can't wait for the new season to start.

yeah, i liked the way they both became reluctant heroes.
you can see he loves the team, even if he is frontin' all the time :)

they all kick off again soon, the cw shows and gotham :)
then all the comic films of late and to come (venom :o )

its a great time to be a nerd :ud:

vurt wrote:yeah, i liked the way they both became reluctant heroes.
you can see he loves the team, even if he is frontin' all the time :)

they all kick off again soon, the cw shows and gotham :)
then all the comic films of late and to come (venom :o )

its a great time to be a nerd :ud:
It is a great time. Gotham is my Thursday night guilty pleasure. The casting for the villains has been flawless. I'm not even sure I can pick a favorite between Oswald, Ed or Jerome. And of course Gordon is a total badass. One of my favorite shows on TV.

:tu:

From "The Lost Tapes III" my sequel to "Gates Of Eternity"

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -tapes-iii

Gates of eternity 2
OiO an ambient track Wags :)
I like this a lot, there's some really nice details in this piece, the samples fit very well and there is a nice balance.
There's a bit of a rumble and resonance @ times and the ping sound is a bit cutting to my ears and i would've liked some sort of depth to the stab string which comes in around the 1.50 mark.
Overall √√√ :tu: :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:Gates of eternity 2
OiO an ambient track Wags :)
I like this a lot, there's some really nice details in this piece, the samples fit very well and there is a nice balance.
There's a bit of a rumble and resonance @ times and the ping sound is a bit cutting to my ears and i would've liked some sort of depth to the stab string which comes in around the 1.50 mark.
Overall √√√ :tu: :D
Thanks for the listen and feedback. Track was made back when I knew beans about mixing, so yeah, there were bound to be some problems.

Another one from "The Lost Tapes III" which was my "screwing around" phase.

Another one from "The Lost Tapes III"

Another one from "The Lost Tapes III"

Return to “Music Cafe”