The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 am
Allomerus wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:54 am Keep Singing Marie.
Sounds good Wags. For some reason it reminds me of the Residents!
Well done.
:)
The Residents? Hmmm, I'll have to go check them out.
yes you should!
although, theres such a breadth if material you could hear some and be, oh very vurt style weird, others you might think ooh nice pop
or even, very interesting sinister armchair radio drama :o
but ive mentioned them before in this thread!
particularly "god in three persons" reminded me of a track of yours, or vice versa!

Dingo:

this reminded me of myself in my crazy club days.
good compostition, melodies and lyrics. vocals sounded very processed, but thats your TM sound.
mix was kind of weak in the sub 100hz, and was a tad bright to my ears.
fun tune, wags.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:32 am Dingo:

this reminded me of myself in my crazy club days.
good compostition, melodies and lyrics. vocals sounded very processed, but thats your TM sound.
mix was kind of weak in the sub 100hz, and was a tad bright to my ears.
fun tune, wags.
The sub 100 issue is there was no kick in this. Just percussion. Bass I also kept lower than usual. Wanted the percussion and vocals to stand out.

As for brightness, shouldn't have been too bad. SPAN didn't show anything out of whack. However, there is no roll off at all after 5k so that's probably what you're hearing.

Vocals? Yeah, process those to hell and back because my natural voice sounds like total crap. You couldn't listen to it.

In fact, here's what's on most of my vocal tracks.

EQ
Soundtoys Microshift
Melda Production MUnison
Autotune

And of course compression and reverb. So yeah, processed to hell and back.

wagtunes,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: The song ("Dingo") is kind of cheesy, but in a real fun way! It had me smiling through the whole song. I did not find it offensive at all. Feel free to tell me what synths and drums/percussion you used. Having a guest singer was a good move.........wait it was not a guest singer! Your singing sounds much different than I remember.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:57 am wagtunes,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: The song ("Dingo") is kind of cheesy, but in a real fun way! It had me smiling through the whole song. I did not find it offensive at all. Feel free to tell me what synths and drums/percussion you used. Having a guest singer was a good move.........wait it was not a guest singer! Your singing sounds much different than I remember.
Thanks for the listen. Percussion was NI Kontakt's Cuba and something else that, off the top of my head, I can't remember. That was me singing trying to do a Jamaican accent. One thing I'm able to do, as crappy as I sound, is sing like different people. Guess it comes from all those years of me doing impersonations.

The song itself was not meant to be serious at all. In fact, I tried to make it sound as stupid as I could. Next track will be on the more serious side.

Thanks again for the listen. Really appreciated it.

That Dingo track reminds me of some random soca band I forgot about. It actually isn’t that inappropriate to me. It’s just a little odd.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:27 am That Dingo track reminds me of some random soca band I forgot about. It actually isn’t that inappropriate to me. It’s just a little odd.
Only a little odd? I think you're being too kind. lol

I listened to Dingo. This is one of your better mixes. The instrumental balance is excellent. I think the vocals could be louder. Cyber Songman sounds like a human with a weird accent.

The song could be a novelty hit. Good job. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:06 am I listened to Dingo. This is one of your better mixes. The instrumental balance is excellent. I think the vocals could be louder. Cyber Songman sounds like a human with a weird accent.

The song could be a novelty hit. Good job. :tu:
That is actually me doing lead vocals. Cyber Songman and Dex are way in the background.

Let me listen to the vocals again. I thought they were pretty loud already.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:37 am That is actually me doing lead vocals. Cyber Songman and Dex are way in the background.
That explains it. You are doing some kind of faux Caribbean accent.

Frantz wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:43 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:37 am That is actually me doing lead vocals. Cyber Songman and Dex are way in the background.
That explains it. You are doing some kind of faux Caribbean accent.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. Again, song, joke. Fun. Big goof. LOL.

Did I succeed? LOL

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:23 am Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. Again, song, joke. Fun. Big goof. LOL.

Did I succeed? LOL
Yes, it's fun and enjoyable. :tu:

+1 enjoyable... i've come back to it a few times, something about the way you sing...Dingooooooooooooooo sticks in the brain :lol:

i would have fit the phrase: "D-I-N-G-O, D-I-N-G-O, D-I-N-G-O, and Dingo was his name-o"
somewhere in there...
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:42 am +1 enjoyable... i've come back to it a few times, something about the way you sing...Dingooooooooooooooo sticks in the brain :lol:

i would have fit the phrase: "D-I-N-G-O, D-I-N-G-O, D-I-N-G-O, and Dingo was his name-o"
somewhere in there...
LMAO. Yeah, that's all I had to do to have everybody pissin in their pants.

I second the Dingo was his name o for the sequel of this track, Dingo Pt. 2, next time with a funky synth brass section and a cheesy reggae/ska backing MIDI ‘band’. I could see you making a hit off of this. Also, it sounds like you could make an interesting kids album with your vocals on some tracks and your vocals with Vocaloid backing vox on others, it would be nice to see one. With some original tracks and covers of traditional kids songs. You’re always creative! A kids album or bubblegum album would be interesting with your own twist, like using synthesizers in a country styled song or horn sounds in an Indian styled song.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Return to “Music Cafe”