The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still out of sync:

well, i figured it was about time to see what ol wags has been up to
and im glad i did. this was a good one. i think we are all a little out of sync in one way or another.
but musically this was very in sync. very well done. no critique, i just really enjoyed it as is. good work, wags :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:39 am Still out of sync:

well, i figured it was about time to see what ol wags has been up to
and im glad i did. this was a good one. i think we are all a little out of sync in one way or another.
but musically this was very in sync. very well done. no critique, i just really enjoyed it as is. good work, wags :tu:
Shows you what 9 days of hard work'll do. No Layzer nit picks. :lol:

See, now the pressure's on. I gotta follow this thing up with something just as good. :cry: :dog: :help:

jancivil wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 pm I have only the sketchiest of notions about what is popular.

However yesterday I was in Starbucks and it was indie rock for a while, then they kinda returned to it after a long set of old jazz vocal numbers, Ella, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday. I'm pretty sure from the production the indie rock was newish at least.
Wow! No Starbucks around us plays that stuff. Must be the location.
This was pretty anomalous. Berkeley CA is the worst in my experience; this is out in the sticks, I wonder if the personnel in the venue determines what playlist. I usually have to leave right away, in fact I don't even use Starbucks typically behind it.
if it's anything like the way supermarkets choose music, areas of high turnover they like to play faster music to keep the staff motivated.
lower turnover (as in less numbers through the door) they play more relaxed music to lull the shopper in to a relaxed state, therefore more likely to browse.
theres more to it obviously but that's the main thrust.

i can however find no scientific reason the dwp use a 12 second gm loop of vivaldis four seasons when you phone them.

nice work!
the extra time you're putting in is paying off, doesn't sound like a rushed demo. sounds like a fully formed pop song :)

as for the tribute? i would have said blue oyster cult except for the lack of cowbell :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 am nice work!
the extra time you're putting in is paying off, doesn't sound like a rushed demo. sounds like a fully formed pop song :)

as for the tribute? i would have said blue oyster cult except for the lack of cowbell :hihi:
Yeah, a fully formed pop song for 30 something years ago. :lol:

As for the cowbell, I don't think this group used one. :hihi:

time is a man made construct that runs in cycles, so you're ahead of your time too :)

i know in the past you've named a band as one of your favourites of the era, but i dont know enough of their material to judge whether it's close. i only really know one song, which was a ballad...

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:20 am i know in the past you've named a band as one of your favourites of the era, but i dont know enough of their material to judge whether it's close. i only really know one song, which was a ballad...
Well, I can give you a hint. It's actually not a band I've ever named here.

So you can eliminate...

ELO
Genesis
Kansas
Yes
Renaissance
Triumvirate
Starcastle
Gentle Giant
King Crimson
Fireballet

well ill play along as you go 8)

maybe a couple more tracks in, we will get more clues :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:38 am well ill play along as you go 8)

maybe a couple more tracks in, we will get more clues :hihi:
All I need to do is a remake of my song "I See It In Your Eyes" and everybody will get it. That song was as close to plagiarism as you can get without stepping over the line. My only regret is that I wrote and recorded it at a time when I really sucked doing this. Today, it would sound a hell of a lot better.

And it would also give the group away in a matter of seconds.

Can't believe next year will be 35 years since I did "Out Of Sync."

Boy, time sure flies.

soft machine?
the title made me think of them "see it in your eyes"

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:35 pm soft machine?
the title made me think of them "see it in your eyes"
Nope. Not them. Nice guess though.

Ha keep us guessing...and keep us listening. I know your tricks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hkgr0mk8c

thejonsolo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm Ha keep us guessing...and keep us listening. I know your tricks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hkgr0mk8c
I just want to do this tribute justice. Anything else is gravy.

Chorus from Still out of sync is very similar to Ariel Pinks <Time to meet your god>:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkgFRE1eTeA

Return to “Music Cafe”