Kjb x Jimboyo - Radiant [Electro-Dance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been working on this one for a while and felt like releasing it after finishing it today.

Tell me what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/kjb-music/radiant

This has a lot of potential and the only thing that stood out from first impression was the main lead melody starting around 1min doesn't take a break and even though it changes up a bit in the 2nd verse, felt like if it took a break in the buildup would have had more impact later. Just thinking out loud :P

JKillz wrote:This has a lot of potential and the only thing that stood out from first impression was the main lead melody starting around 1min doesn't take a break and even though it changes up a bit in the 2nd verse, felt like if it took a break in the buildup would have had more impact later. Just thinking out loud :P
I should have filtered or automated some more those leads towards the drop, maybe cut out some of the fill layers, to make it more impactful. But it would be really helpful when producing when you would have live set of ears to notice this stuff so you would fix something before it gets released! Thanks for feedback, man.

had to stop listening a few seconds into this... that kick midrange click was just too annoying
:shrug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:had to stop listening a few seconds into this... that kick midrange click was just too annoying
:shrug:
I assume you're talking about the drop part (main hook) where I used a techno'ish kick drum. I don't know, probably depends on what you used to listen to it. I felt it's fine with the audio systems I used and it was the best match from the samples what I currently own.

But also I don't have audio systems or monitors that are made for mixing and processing sounds but yet I still try to manage to do it well. I could've EQ'd some of the mid-range or the click'ish sound away but I kind a like it that way in EDM.

Return to “Music Cafe”