Robotopia

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Electronic patches,trumpets and strings. New Version Below.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/robotopia
Last edited by fastlanephil on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

love the atmo, nice mix, however you continue to have issues with timing in some places.
i suggest digging deep into precision beat slicing of any rhythm loops you may be using and time stretching them to fit the tempo. but other than that, enjoyed everything else :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Overall, I enjoyed this. The synths worked well together and I liked the brass sounds when they joined in. Like layzer, I had a few problems getting my head around the timing. It sounded a little "off", although I'm not yet sure how much of an issue that was for me.

Good work :)

layzer wrote:love the atmo, nice mix, however you continue to have issues with timing in some places.
i suggest digging deep into precision beat slicing of any rhythm loops you may be using and time stretching them to fit the tempo. but other than that, enjoyed everything else :tu:
Agreed..100%!

Other quick points from me:

I would've liked the brass 'moments' to be a bit more upfront at times...bit buried in the mix?

I also wanted it all to rise to even greater heights.

Very cool composition. I agree with the comments regarding timing issues and the brass being buried.

+1: nice composition, something is slightly off with the timing. Sounds to me like you aren't aligned correctly and need to nudge tracks forwards/backwards.

layzer wrote:love the atmo, nice mix, however you continue to have issues with timing in some places.
Yes, there is some disjointed rhythm in this. I have the rythmn loops lined up but that one sounds a bit off beat. I thought maybe it could add to the some what chaotic atmosphere but it is kind of annoying Isn’t it. :hihi: I might just chuck that patch or replace it.

Thanks for the constructive comments lazer.

I

seismic1 wrote:Overall, I enjoyed this. The synths worked well together and I liked the brass sounds when they joined in. Like layzer, I had a few problems getting my head around the timing. It sounded a little "off", although I'm not yet sure how much of an issue that was for me.

Good work :)
Glad you enjoyed this seismic.

I think electronic musicians or electronic music listeners brains kind of get rewired and resensitized about timing. That was a hurtle for me as I developed a real liking for the genre and the also the unnatural sounds. Most people of my generation find it pretty alien as something they would actually enjoy listening to. Not just as an occasional soundtrack that they are not actually listening to.

I’m not making excuses for the off beat but just making an observation.

ChamMusic wrote:
i suggest digging deep into precision beat slicing of any rhythm loops you @may be using and time stretching them to fit the tempo. but other than that, enjoyed everything else :tu:
Agreed..100%!

Other quick points from me:

I would've liked the brass 'moments' to be a bit more upfront at times...bit buried in the mix?

I also wanted it all to rise to even greater heights.
Thanks for commenting ChamMusic.

Yeah, I cut back on the trumpets quite a bit while mixing this. Maybe the last brass notes in those sections should be a little more aggressive. That might do it. I forgot to mention that there is also a F.Horns track in those two sections.

Frantz wrote:Very cool composition. I agree with the comments regarding timing issues and the brass being buried.
Thanks Frantz!

sjm wrote:+1: nice composition, something is slightly off with the timing. Sounds to me like you aren't aligned correctly and need to nudge tracks forwards/backwards.
Pretty much a group consensus. :wink:

I appreciate your commenting sjm.

Here's Robotopia Rev 1

Tossed that rhythm patch that didn't really fit in and edited and remixed the Trumpets.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/robotopia-rev2

Oops.
Last edited by fastlanephil on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oops.

Sounds very cool Phil.
Enjoying the synths, and the harmonic shifts...
Drums sound great too! I like the offbeatedness of them.
Trumpets are good too!
Well done!
Cheers,
John
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”