"New Album" - VideoClips (Update:18/3/19) -> Video "Hallo Erde (hello earth)" -> 70s Pop -> last one of the 12ology!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
4994 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Another good one in a completely different style. I like the vocal style even if I don't completely understand the English translation. Good use of dynamics on this. The orchestral backing works well even if it does sound somewhat synthetic. It holds up well over multiple listens.

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:15/8/18 -> 5th Video up "Großes Gebäude" - short tune with strings)

Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks Frantz :wink:

maybe I did a not so good translation-job or neither the lyrics are not good to be got at all.
And yes - the used sampled strings were scripted with some choosable articulations, so sort of a one trick pony.
I'm glad that you gave it a listen and viewing :tu:

Others can still ignore this :clown:
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:48 pm

[Update -> 4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" (Trip)-> Rock -> something on rushing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpgBBajdfA

The adventures of two guys. :clown:
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
9138 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:48 pm

I think this is my favourite track posted in this thread. It's a good piece of driving rock with a dark psychedelic edge, helped by some inspired instrumentation choices. Should be played loud.

Good work :)

User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
4994 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:25 pm

You should win a stylistic diversity award. Every track sounds different. (Probably not a good marketing strategy.)

This has the intense energy of a live rock band. The melodic and synth elements are downplayed in favor of kicking ass!

The video is effective even if it is low tech.

Another cool track. :tu:

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:50 pm

seismic1 wrote:I think this is my favourite track posted in this thread. It's a good piece of driving rock with a dark psychedelic edge, helped by some inspired instrumentation choices. Should be played loud.

Good work :)
Hey, thanks a lot, seismic1 :)

So I'm glad that this is your favorite. Still one of mines.
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 am

Some seriously quirky and very effective vibes and grooves in this collection...thoroughly enjoyed listening.

Everything in here from Punks on Amphetamines to Smurfs on Acid! What more could any listener ask for?

Is it 100% perfectly produced? Nope.

Could the songs possibly be tweaked here and there? Probably.

BUT...WGAF!

Don't change anything as they might lose that great otherworldly groove and vibe!

ChamMusic
KVRian
893 posts since 12 Jun, 2006

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:45 am

Anyone out there really wants to blow their mind...

LISTEN TO ALL THE VIDEOS AT THE SAME TIME! :0)

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:37 pm

ChamMusic wrote:Some seriously quirky and very effective vibes and grooves in this collection...thoroughly enjoyed listening.

Everything in here from Punks on Amphetamines to Smurfs on Acid! What more could any listener ask for?

Is it 100% perfectly produced? Nope.

Could the songs possibly be tweaked here and there? Probably.

BUT...WGAF!

Don't change anything as they might lose that great otherworldly groove and vibe!
Hey, thanks a lot for listening and watching and your kind words :)

The production was done as good as I could - so of course there's always something which could be improved.
And yes, quirky may fit for some of the tunes. Glad you had fun :tu:
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

User avatar
mellotronaut
KVRAF
9862 posts since 2 Jan, 2005 from somewhere in the woods

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:19 pm

:tu: just a short mello babble/bubble: some great stuff here, some nice stuff and some notsomelloconnectoid stuff. "Ausflug" is serious Kraut, a wonderfully quirky deconstruction of clichés. more soonerly.

a scheena gruass :)
"It dreamed itself along"

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:01 pm

mellotronaut wrote::tu: just a short mello babble/bubble: some great stuff here, some nice stuff and some notsomelloconnectoid stuff. "Ausflug" is serious Kraut, a wonderfully quirky deconstruction of clichés. more soonerly.

a scheena gruass :)
:D Hey Herr Melloman,

where have you been?
Thanks for giving some bubbletooting again :)

dann man beschte krautige Grüße :)
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
2145 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi thomekk,
I watched no. 6 and really enjoyed it. The music is suitable energetic and engaging. The video is lovely and anarchic.
Nice vocals too!
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Frantz wrote:You should win a stylistic diversity award. Every track sounds different. (Probably not a good marketing strategy.)

This has the intense energy of a live rock band. The melodic and synth elements are downplayed in favor of kicking ass!

The video is effective even if it is low tech.

Another cool track. :tu:
Thanks Frantz,

the low tec is the actual chance...
And yeah, everything (or lots) on an album with different styles seems to be my approach, never thought about marketing consequences - you are right. Seems easily and naturally so that hearing different music (styles/genres) influenced the composing.
I tried collecting tunes in more one stylish manner to save up for later. But I won't do lots of Schlagers or something with orchestra strings + vocals that often.
More important was to have all the actual tracks with lyrics again at one place.

cheers :)
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Allomerus wrote:Hi thomekk,
I watched no. 6 and really enjoyed it. The music is suitable energetic and engaging. The video is lovely and anarchic.
Nice vocals too!
Well done!
:)
Hey Allomerus,

thanks a lot for taking the time for listening and watching the strange creatures having their travel :)
I'm glad you liked it.

btw. I enjoyed your TV 2.0 track - as you know - my next vid will have a similar topic. Would like to have more people putting their thoughts on this songwise.
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2461 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: "New Album" - VideoClips (Update:4/9/18 -> Video Nr.6 up "Ausflug" -> Rock)

Post Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 pm

ok, time for another video :)))

[Update -> 6/10/18 -> Video Nr.7 up "Zahl" (Number)-> Euro-Electro -> about likes, follows, tracking, faking etc.)
An important topic for me (and for others also sometimes dominant I guess).
Did put some work in the creatures and animation, the lyrics though might be ... what I was after..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGdD5p9g3hI
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

Return to “Music Cafe”