A Living - Temple of Time

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear KVR users,

Two years ago I thought to myself: "What would my biggest disappointment be if I were on my death bed right now?" The answer was: "not to dare start making music." So, with no previous knowledge whatsoever, I forced myself to dedicate at least 1 hour a day in order to understand the basics of my DAW. Soon enough I was making a few sounds that triggered feelings within me which were what I started making music for. After some time, feeling more comfortable with my DAW, I noticed I didn't even have to put the 1h timer since I easily went overtime. Months passed and friends would often ask what kind of music I was making. Having no way to show them, I decided to create a SoundCloud in order to make them hear what I was up to. But the cloud would remain in the shadows as I didn't think my projects mirrored my inner self enough.
However, things have changed these last few days. I have dared releasing a track I think to be closer than ever from what I started making music for in the first place. With that, my music has taken a step into the light as I he created a self-made video clip which posted on YouTube and a Facebook page to share it with anyone interested.

I would love to hear from you, music aficionados! If you have any constructive feedback on anything at all, I'd be glad to read them!

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJ5hOZqkjs

very well made ...
a decent mix w/ good balance ...
not particularly in my wheelhouse , but should be well received ,
and has a theme song / commercial aspect ...

you have a nice touch ...

Thanks experimental.crow for taking the time to write your thoughts knowing it is not your style! I really appreciate it.

this is very nice, i like it alot. the video and music together were very mesmerizing in the beginning, and your singing voice (if that's you) is very nice. overall i love this, very nice studying or chill music. keep it up!

id appreciate it if you could return some feedback here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=503647

I like this very much. It is the kind of music that I sometimes prefer during moments of solitude. Creative video too :tu:
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

Thanks guys!
@dragonboyjib: Yes this is my singing. :) No prob I'll give it a listen.
@srv-musikmaker: Thanks you! Yes the goal of my music is to trigger introspection to the listener so I'm glad you mention solitude. :)

Love it, totally my thing. :party:

Gonna follow you and wait for more, keep em comin. :hug:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thanks Zexila! Really glad you enjoy it!

You're making my day thanks! ;) Feel free to add me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/templeoftime

I'm always up for discovering new sounds and making new contacts!

Cheers.

its a nice melodic chill tune, not too crazy about the tone of the piano...its a tad mid-rangy...and your vocals blaring in my ear in the beginning was a bit much... i would have used the level from 3:01 and on for the entire song. other than that. nice tune. :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Good song. :tu:

I agree with Layzer, the vox are a bit loud.

I realize it is repetitive by design but I would prefer some additional variation in the lyrics/music.

Thanks layzer and Frantz. I still have a lot to learn with mixing and mastering and get that my vocals are quite loud. I used a reference with loud vocals as well.
I will improve my arrangements in the future for a less repetitive feel.
Right this was the best I could do. :ud:

I enjoyed it. I liked the vocals, and thought that the "repetitive" elements worked very well. As layzer mentioned, the piano was quite "middy", but I thought that it was a good fit for the atmosphere that you have managed to create, with the layered, almost ambient quality.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I enjoyed it. I liked the vocals, and thought that the "repetitive" elements worked very well. As layzer mentioned, the piano was quite "middy", but I thought that it was a good fit for the atmosphere that you have managed to create, with the layered, almost ambient quality.

Good work :)
I thank you my friend. Yeah I am definitely inspired by ambient music so I'm glad you noticed that.

I won't repeat what others have said as I think you get the message :)

I enjoyed the tune, really chilled and relaxed. Fix the little mix issues and you have a really nice track on your hand, quite meditative.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

biodiode wrote:I won't repeat what others have said as I think you get the message :)

I enjoyed the tune, really chilled and relaxed. Fix the little mix issues and you have a really nice track on your hand, quite meditative.
Thank you for taking the time to write feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed it! Will take all those tips in consideration.

Return to “Music Cafe”