Fragile Gods - "Falling"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote:Now there's a lyrics video you can watch ;)
like i'm watching an MTV video back when MTV was good! :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Frantz wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:It's annoying how crippled SoundCloud is on mobile browsers. Not your fault. Just complaining because I wanted to see the lyrics without going to my desktop ;-)
You're in luck. Now there's a lyrics video you can watch on your phone. ;)
Nifty! :-) A more cheery tone than usual for you(?).

What tool was used to create that video?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Good one. Pleasant to listen to well done music. Thumbs up!

fastlanephil wrote:An all around great tune. Interesting lyrics that were easily understandable and a it had a good hook. From what songs with vocals I’ve heard on this site those sorts of things can be a weakness.

That singer does breath life into the song.
Thanks very much for commenting. Glad you liked it.

I agree the female singer did breathe life into this. I am already planning her parts on the next song. :)

aaron aardvark wrote:instrumentally, this kind of reminds me of Kraftwerk, which is good. Nice audio quality. This song has some of your better vocals (pitch accuracy is better than usual); I always liked the tone of your vocals. The background vocals definitely add something. The vocals during the chorus are probably the most full (multi-layered) I've heard from you. Nice synths and melodies. Overall, it sounds quite good! :) Did you use Icarus, or something else (copy & paste?) to trigger your quick repetition vocal sample? I got Icarus a few months ago myself.
Repro-5 was used to produce the Kraftwerkish leads.

I am glad my vocals were less pitchy on this one. It's something I struggle with.

I also liked the backing vocals and will be working with her again in the future.

The stutter sample was done with the SampleOne player which is included with StudioOne although it could have easily been done with Icarus.

Thanks for the detailed comments. :)

No green screen this time?

Nice graphics though!

Did I just listen to a previously unreleased Human League track ? 8)

If the bass is real analogue or soft it sure fools me.

Great video.

Does the up front drum need pulling back a tad ?

Or did someone else put that in my mind ?

I expected synth drums (Roland or Akai samples) as accompaniment. You used real drum samples, which gives the track a different twist. Electro pop should be the right term here ?! Nice ´fantasy´video. Well done!
Greetings
HM

layzer wrote:better! doesn't distract as much from the vox as before :phones: :tu:
ChamMusic wrote:Works for me!
Thanks for confirming the second mix is better. :)

layzer wrote:like i'm watching an MTV video back when MTV was good! :clap:
Thanks for your kind comments. I commissioned someone on Fiverr to do it. I gave him some vague instructions and that's what he came up with. Glad you liked it.

So far it hasn't done much for my YouTube channel. I'm still stuck at 12 subscribers. I only need 38 million more to catch up to Justin Bieber. :clown:

Enjoying the current version.
The video is nice, simple but it is highly effective.
Lots of great sounds and the vocals suit this track perfectly. Top idea to have Aika back your vocals, you sound great together.
Fabulous mix.
I said "Well done"
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Jace-BeOS wrote:Nifty! :-) A more cheery tone than usual for you(?).
Yes, it wanted to be a pop song so I just went with it. :)
Jace-BeOS wrote:What tool was used to create that video?
I'm not sure but the guy who did the video has Final Cut Pro and every Adobe program listed on his Fiverr page.

Thanks for commenting.

snare [...] too much of a low-midrange tone that really took over the mix
I woulda liked to have heard it before that was castrated. Better put, dealt with. :hihi:

I love the Monark and the drums (and particularly the lead vocal) but I'm wanting the low mids snare a'popping somebody else didn't. C'est la vie.

Good mix, good job all round.

You're mellowing with age :wink:

I've listened to this a couple of times this week and it's certainly got a lighter mood than your previous tracks. Your vocal sounds much more "confident" than on earlier songs which probably contributes to the lighter mood. Great mix with lots of clarity and good use of stereo. I really liked the drums/percussion. I thought they sounded good and helped to drive the song along. They also had a nice "human" touch.

Good work :)

markkuja wrote:Good one. Pleasant to listen to well done music. Thumbs up!
Thanks for checking this out. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”