Subaqueous (ElectroProg - Seismic Pastels)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The latest release from Ambient Online (Vol 9, Part 1), featuring over 9 hours of music, comprising 78 tracks, all made by members of Ambient Online, is released today. For an outlay of $7, it's a no-brainer.

This is the first track I have been able to work on since December, so it was great to actually finish something (bar the mastering) in one sitting, with time being at such a premium this year.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/subaqueous

Recorded/Mixed in EnergyXT2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 5

Instruments and FX

AaltoCM
Rapture
ARP 2600 V2
Equivocate
Satin
Linear Phase EQ
Vintage Equalizer

DR - 8

Edit: 20180506: Remastered - HPF corner frequency increase. Removed EQ boosts boosts at 70Hz and 150Hz

Edit: 20180610 - increased level of Aalto bass by 1.07dB, added Opto Compressor to ARP2600V2 lead to smooth out transients - remastered

The album may be found here:-

https://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/albu ... 9-part-one
Last edited by seismic1 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quite lovely ...

i had a little issue w/ the mix , at the open ;
the bass was a tad resonant imo ...

this resolved itself after 1.45 , when the track expands and the
additional frequencies subsumed the focus on the bass ...
all good after that ...

loved the lead ...
restrained , but succinct ...

Really enjoyed that, Tim. i like how it unfolds into the wash of panning white noise,
then the mystical theremin creeps in. Got totally immersed into it to the end. bravo :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Lovely evolving ambient track. Nicely done and congrats on your first release of 2018.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Pleasant ambient music. The restful and hovering trip at soundscape.
Nice orchestration and synthsounds. Good job.

This is what I'll listen to when cruising 20,000 leagues beneath the sea in my silver subaqueous submarine.

All sorts of pleasantly mysterious sounds cascading at different levels of the frequency spectrum. Quite a soothing voyage. Somehow familiar and new at the same time.

Excellent work! :tu:

experimental.crow wrote:quite lovely ...

I'll take another look at this at the weekend. I mastered it using a different amp/speaker combo to my usual setup. I seem to remember applying a 1dB boost with the Vintage EQ at approx 60Hz,and may have boosted slightly at 150Hz too. I'll check it on my regular setup.
experimental.crow wrote: this resolved itself after 1.45 , when the track expands and the
all good after that ...

loved the lead ...
restrained , but succinct ...
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, e.c. Glad you liked it :)

Soothing and dreamy...And the theremin like synth is spot on.

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Very well done.

all good after that ...
I remastered this today. I removed the boosts made last week when using a different hardware setup. This latest version is using my regular chain.

Lovely track. Reminiscent of Tomita's Debussy.

seismic1 wrote:

all good after that ...
I remastered this today. I removed the boosts made last week when using a different hardware setup. This latest version is using my regular chain.
more betterer , imho ...
:tu:

Not bad if you get a decent sound out of that Aalto synth. I tried my best several times and just couldn´t get a clou... Besides that, the track is really nice. The atmosphere builds up fine and the sounds you use are top notch. I often get bored by ambient tracks but this one caught my attention. The space saw is cool. Well done!
Greetings
HM

layzer wrote:Really enjoyed that, Tim. i like how it unfolds into the wash of panning white noise,
then the mystical theremin creeps in. Got totally immersed into it to the end. bravo :clap:
Thanks very much for the great comments, layzer. Glad you enjoyed it :)

It was a major achievement to finally find some time to put a new track together after almost 5 months of musical inactivity.

Enjoying this Tim. It has a lovely restrained vibe to it and is just what I need after a busy day.
The lead is gorgeous. The white noise is soothing.
Hope you are able to get more time to make some more fabulous music!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”