Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR,
Kind of an EP playlist here that, imo, flows rather nicely in the presented order:

https://soundcloud.com/user-118314077-2 ... ets/myriad

The playlist includes the track "Navatus" which I posted here some months ago.

Enjoy! Feedback/criticism is always welcome.

- Corin and Jamin

(The pictures are pretty placeholders. I'm working on the artwork for the project myself.) - Corin

The first track is lovely. Has a pleasant flow to it...
Also listened to the third one, which I enjoyed too!
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I remember Navatus from last year. I think you might have the levels up a little too high between 6:37 and 7:22 in "Current Emotions". The highs were breaking up a little here. My favourite track was "Cliffside Contemplation", with the heavy percussive sounds providing a great contrast for the ambient atmosphere.

Good work :)

Allomerus wrote:The first track is lovely. Has a pleasant flow to it...
Also listened to the third one, which I enjoyed too!
Well done.
:)
Thank you!
seismic1 wrote:I remember Navatus from last year. I think you might have the levels up a little too high between 6:37 and 7:22 in "Current Emotions". The highs were breaking up a little here. My favourite track was "Cliffside Contemplation", with the heavy percussive sounds providing a great contrast for the ambient atmosphere.

Good work :)
Seems like you're right about the levels in Current Emotions. Thanks for letting me know and glad you liked Cliffside Contemplation! :)

- Corin

Okay, "Current Emotions" seems to be mostly fixed! Did some tweaks and the whole track seems to generate a lot less ear fatigue.

https://soundcloud.com/user-118314077-2 ... t-emotions

If anyone is curious, my brother composed/played everything up to where the drums come in. The repeated chord progression/melodic theme was his idea. I programmed the drums, wubs, and the 2nd compositional leadup/drop.

Prelude - overwhelmed by the sound. Is this an arp on a hang drum sample? The other tracks are cool, too. The noisy sounds I like most. Very well done!
Greetings
HM

htcnext2 wrote:Prelude - overwhelmed by the sound. Is this an arp on a hang drum sample? The other tracks are cool, too. The noisy sounds I like most. Very well done!
Greetings
HM
Hello, and thanks! Pleased that you enjoyed the music we've made thus far. As for the hangdrum sound, that's all Zebra2 synthesis. It's pretty good at that kind of thing.

- Corin

Esgalachoir wrote:
Seems like you're right about the levels in Current Emotions.

- Corin
It sounds cleaner now :)

I'm listening to Prelude. I love the tones you have in here. I think the lower mids could be tamed a little but the composition and sound palette is excellent.

seismic1 wrote:
It sounds cleaner now :)
Thanks again! Didn't take too much to fix. Just some tiny compression re-adjustments and knocking off a couple dbs in the problem zone.
Unaspected wrote:I'm listening to Prelude. I love the tones you have in here. I think the lower mids could be tamed a little but the composition and sound palette is excellent.
I'll have a look-see to the lower mids. Thanks, and glad you enjoyed it!

- Corin

Return to “Music Cafe”