June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
DrApostropheX
KVRAF
1971 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from Nearish Detroit, MI

Post Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 pm

June is coming up! Any thoughts on contest theme?

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
13959 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm

TV or Movie Soundtrack or Theme Song. If theme song, entrant must submit brief summary of what the fictional show is about so we can determine if the song fits the theme of the show. If soundtrack, pretty much anything goes but movie theme (what it's about) must be stated. For example. "This movie is about a boy who loses his pet rock and has to search for it."

Sounds ridiculous, I know. But could be a hell of a lot of fun.

User avatar
FlyingNoodle
KVRist
74 posts since 2 Mar, 2017 from Wales, UK

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 pm

+1 on a soundtrack or theme song.

Action movie, double agent Wags gets a message, it's from the Music Cafe speedial... duh duh deedooo deeedooo padah paw... he's on the case pronto, first to reply... :o

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4948 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Mon May 28, 2018 10:40 pm

World Cup song?

"We're Engerland, we'll stay in for a bit
We're Engerland, we'll try not to be shit"

User avatar
skipscada
KVRian
1418 posts since 22 Oct, 2004 from Schmocation

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 12:00 am

Just to add a suggestion:

UNPREDICTABLE
Make a track that keeps suprising the listenere. No repeated sections, just a succession of developments or changes of melody lines, chord sequences, motifs, tempo, mood etc. Laguna Rising could just do what he usually does. :hihi:

On the other suggestions:
Theme song could be fun, although that's close to a free for all. I'd like at least a predefined show. A brief, so to speak. I'm sure DrApostropheX could come up with a fun imaginary TV show.

World Cup theme. I'd be all over this when I was part of the football fraternity, but I've gradually lost interest over the years and don't intend to watch a single match this time around. After New Order's World in Motion this is also close to a free for all. Bet Beanpole would love this (and do a great one).

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4948 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 1:39 am

skipscada wrote:. Bet Beanpole would love this (and do a great one).
Being Scottish he wouldn't have qualified to enter. :hihi:

User avatar
farlukar
KVRAF
6002 posts since 18 Apr, 2004

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 2:46 am

skipscada wrote:I'm sure DrApostropheX could come up with a fun imaginary TV show.
About a ghost monkey cop maybe?

Hellfog
KVRian
512 posts since 1 Jan, 2009

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 7:25 am

soundtrack

User avatar
FlyingNoodle
KVRist
74 posts since 2 Mar, 2017 from Wales, UK

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 am

skipscada wrote:Theme song could be fun, although that's close to a free for all. I'd like at least a predefined show. A brief, so to speak. I'm sure DrApostropheX could come up with a fun imaginary TV show.
Yeah stick to a brief however allow the person to express their individuality through it

User avatar
Laguna Rising
KVRAF
6806 posts since 4 Apr, 2005 from here and there

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 10:18 am

skipscada wrote:Just to add a suggestion:

UNPREDICTABLE
.......
Laguna Rising could just do what he usually does. :hihi:
:lol:

:tu:

beanpole
KVRist
313 posts since 6 May, 2005 from Somewhere In Scotland

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 12:39 pm

donkey tugger wrote:
skipscada wrote:. Bet Beanpole would love this (and do a great one).
Being Scottish he wouldn't have qualified to enter. :hihi:
:D

+1 for World Cup, we had a theme song compo just over a year ago
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....
http://www.myspace.com/thebeanbeany

DrApostropheX
KVRAF
1971 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from Nearish Detroit, MI

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 5:26 pm

farlukar wrote:
skipscada wrote:I'm sure DrApostropheX could come up with a fun imaginary TV show.
About a ghost monkey cop maybe?
Oh, man! :lol: Thanks for remembering!

User avatar
skipscada
KVRian
1418 posts since 22 Oct, 2004 from Schmocation

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 11:18 pm

beanpole wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:
skipscada wrote:. Bet Beanpole would love this (and do a great one).
Being Scottish he wouldn't have qualified to enter. :hihi:
:D

+1 for World Cup, we had a theme song compo just over a year ago
Is the concept of a World Cup song familiar to those from outside of Europe, though? More specifically USA.

User avatar
skipscada
KVRian
1418 posts since 22 Oct, 2004 from Schmocation

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 pm

DrApostropheX wrote:
farlukar wrote:
skipscada wrote:I'm sure DrApostropheX could come up with a fun imaginary TV show.
About a ghost monkey cop maybe?
Oh, man! :lol: Thanks for remembering!
Have you pitched it to HBO yet?

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4948 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: June Contest: Gossip

Post Tue May 29, 2018 11:23 pm

skipscada wrote:
DrApostropheX wrote:
farlukar wrote:
skipscada wrote:I'm sure DrApostropheX could come up with a fun imaginary TV show.
About a ghost monkey cop maybe?
Oh, man! :lol: Thanks for remembering!
Have you pitched it to HBO yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06g7_LHiGo

Return to “Music Cafe”