A new song from me. (removed for revision)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just finished it, so wanted to show people. I'll be taking it down again because I'm making a video and releasing it as a single later.

(Song removed for revision)
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very well done. Good luck with the single.

wagtunes wrote:Very well done. Good luck with the single.
It wont go well... It never does. :hihi: Thanks though!

It electropops and new waves in appealing ways. A very well crafted song.

The mix is kind of fuzzy. Words are not clear. The vocals are overpowered by synths and the guitars.

Cool track! :tu:

Frantz wrote:It electropops and new waves in appealing ways. A very well crafted song.

The mix is kind of fuzzy. Words are not clear. The vocals are overpowered by synths and the guitars.

Cool track! :tu:
Cheers! And cheers for the critique... I'm not changing anything though. :P

an-electric-heart wrote:And cheers for the critique... I'm not changing anything though. :P
Right. You want to ensure it does not go well. :P

Sounds good.

What did you use for the drums part ?

I agree with Frantz that the guitars tend to overpower the vocals. What I like about your music though is that it's musically reminiscent of the 80s as much as it's sonically reminiscent

Frantz wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:And cheers for the critique... I'm not changing anything though. :P
Right. You want to ensure it does not go well. :P
More that I've spent enough time on it and want to move on to the next thing. :hihi:

musicartist wrote:Sounds good.

What did you use for the drums part ?
A mix of all sorts of things. The kick and snare are from an 80s drum sample pack, the toms, hats, cowbell and symbols are from EZDrummer's dream pop expansion (I often use the kick and snare from this as well, but not in this case. It's really good), and there's also a tambourine that's quite prominent, that's called 'easy tambourine (I think)', it's a kontakt instrument, I use it all the time.

nineofkings wrote:I agree with Frantz that the guitars tend to overpower the vocals. What I like about your music though is that it's musically reminiscent of the 80s as much as it's sonically reminiscent
Cheers! I'm big into 80s Fleetwood Mac. I often put chimes in stuff in like they do... But yes, I'm obviously really into 80s music. :tu:

great 80's vibe. quite catchy. It could be mixed with less compression on stuff to reduce "fighting" for space by the vocals. or pan the instruments off center. lacking dynamics is my main quib, however.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:great 80's vibe. quite catchy. It could be mixed with less compression on stuff to reduce "fighting" for space by the vocals. or pan the instruments off center. lacking dynamics is my main quib, however.
Would you believe I don't really use much compression, apart from the vocals (they're compressed pretty heavily, as well as using Vocal Rider from Waves)! You must be hearing the mastering, it's the N.I Lurssen mastering thingy... it's a great plug, sure has made my life easier.

an-electric-heart wrote:
layzer wrote:great 80's vibe. quite catchy. It could be mixed with less compression on stuff to reduce "fighting" for space by the vocals. or pan the instruments off center. lacking dynamics is my main quib, however.
Would you believe I don't really use much compression, apart from the vocals (they're compressed pretty heavily, as well as using Vocal Rider from Waves)! You must be hearing the mastering, it's the N.I Lurssen mastering thingy... it's a great plug, sure has made my life easier.
Are you sure you don't mean the 1K Multimedia Lurssen Mastering Console?

wagtunes wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:
Are you sure you don't mean the 1K Multimedia Lurssen Mastering Console?
Yes, that's correct, this thing :

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/lurssen/

Return to “Music Cafe”