Fretless Guitar Psychedelic/Classical/Jazz-Fusion/Prog

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello musos!

I have just finished my latest track. Its a bit of a mixture of electronica, jazz fusion, classical, and prog rock. It has plenty of fretless electric guitar and LinnStrument too.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Jon

https://soundcloud.com/jonny_lawson/digital_life

As soon as I saw fretless guitar and LinnStrument I had to have a listen.
Awesome sounds!
Constantly evolving and fascinating!
I like the key for the guitar solo (and nicely played!)
Well done Jonny!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Impressive guitar skills, some adventurous sounds, and beautiful melody. Awesome! :)

ichi ban ...

Finding 10 minutes in my day is tough but I managed.

As a big prog rock fan going back almost 50 years, I can't say I've heard anything that quite sounds like this. You seem to have a little bit of everything in there. Closest I can point to, and even this is as loose as it gets, is Tangerine Dream. But even they're a stretch here.

Enjoyed every second.

Frantz wrote:Impressive guitar skills, some adventurous sounds, and beautiful melody. Awesome! :)
Thanks mate, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

experimental.crow wrote:ichi ban ...
Arigatou! :D

wagtunes wrote:Finding 10 minutes in my day is tough but I managed.

As a big prog rock fan going back almost 50 years, I can't say I've heard anything that quite sounds like this. You seem to have a little bit of everything in there. Closest I can point to, and even this is as loose as it gets, is Tangerine Dream. But even they're a stretch here.

Enjoyed every second.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and took the time to listen. I suppose what I like about progressive music, is that it gives you a license to be as creative as you want, without any concern that your ideas should suit a particular style. As long as they are congruent, it's okay :party: It is a long piece of music, so I'm glad you had a good time :)

top stuff, dynamic, great sounds, varied and well composed. enjoyed :tu: :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Really interesting music. And great playing

I was just listening to McLaughlin's The Promise and this fits in nicely with stuff from that period. :tu:

nice, outside the box, works good.

Lurvely! (And a +1 on the McLaughlin "Promise" comparison...)

Thanks heaps guys :)

I'll have to check out 'The Promise'. I've got a bunch of Mahavishnu albums but haven't listened to McLauchlin's solo stuff. I'm always on the look out for new music to listen to!

I don't know that I would put The Promise up too high but as with any of his albums and cds you're bound to find interesting bits...and the scope of his work is still among the most impressive for any guitarist. To wit, the year before the Inner Mounting Flame, I heard him for the first time in this acoustic duo with Larry Coryell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6W1gEyq084

:love:

Sorry for hijacking your thread...

rp314 wrote:I don't know that I would put The Promise up too high but as with any of his albums and cds you're bound to find interesting bits...and the scope of his work is still among the most impressive for any guitarist. To wit, the year before the Inner Mounting Flame, I heard him for the first time in this acoustic duo with Larry Coryell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6W1gEyq084

:love:

Sorry for hijacking your thread...
Don't apologise for sharing good music :) That was a cool track - very interesting!

Return to “Music Cafe”