New Song featuring real tape delay, tanpura, sax and fuzzrite

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://goldendeathmusic.bandcamp.com/t ... on-forever

I made some recent additions to the studio and this is the first song I was able to integrate the majority of them into. Most notably, I finally was able to acquire a real tape delay (T-Rex Replicator Jr.) after a lot of time of not having one. I have owned 2 or 3 vintage RE-201's over the years, and had forgotten how amazing real tape sounds! I also just started learning the sax and the tanpura, and have really been enjoying the extra variety of sounds these new instruments have afforded me. Also, after nearly a decade of reading people online rave about the SM7, I finally got one for myself and have been loving the sound of my voice and sax recorded through it. Signal chain for everything you hear is a Rode NTR or the SM7---> UA Twinfinity---> Golden Age Comp-2A---> Tascam UH-7000 using Reaper. All guitars, bass and synth are recorded direct through the same signal chain.

Hope someone out there enjoys!

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shades of 60s underground psychedelic ala 13th Floor Elevators. Very well done.

hahah! nice. what a trip; may have to buy it.

Thanks so much for listening and I'm very happy you liked it!
I just finished a video for it if you're interested in checking it out...

https://youtu.be/ABIJyWkjgg0

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Reminds me of late 60s Psychedelic. Very well done.

This is great, the videos real quality :)
:tu: :party:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Cool! It sounds like a lost George Harrison song from Revolver.

I think the mix could be clearer. You may have gone a little overboard with vintage fuzziness.

The video animation is excellent and fits well with the music.

Return to “Music Cafe”