Deep house x Trance. My latest

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Need feedback for this track. Should I continue making Trance?

My transitions in the track are not very good. Any advice on how to make it better? And what kinds of risers should I use? I always have trouble finding good risers!

Please check out my mix:
https://youtu.be/bQ_hrQ6wyx0

:phones: :neutral:

KONARKmusic wrote:Should I continue making Trance?
That's a question only you can answer.
KONARKmusic wrote:My transitions in the track are not very good.
For the most part they don't sound bad or out of the ordinary for this kind of music.

I would say that a drumfill or anacrusis of some kind into the section at 1:30 would be useful.
KONARKmusic wrote:Any advice on how to make it better? And what kinds of risers should I use? I always have trouble finding good risers!
Best to just make your own, tbh. It's too easy not to! Just about any sound source with a strong attack, when reversed, can be a riser. You can also take a sound, stretch its audio out, and modulate the pitch so that it "rises" up!

Anyway, I'd say this is not bad! I think my only complaints are that it sounds a bit "vanilla" overall. The structure and especially the timbres you've used are all kind of cliche/basic and as such makes it sound a little dated.

Unfortunately though, that's not necessarily a simple fix in dance music, as those cliches are how people have come to define the genres themselves!

Well, its certainly got the hands in the air type of feeling, but like angel said, its a bit vanilla.
The finger click is cool at the beginning, then it gets a bit, hmm, tedious, also more swirls and whooshes on your string pad, as if was flinging itself around a bit would work well.
Wouldn't class it as deep house, unless since I last listened to the genre its gone that way.
Try other things, maybe take the elements you love from tranance and go somewhere else?
Speed it up, slow it down :D
Mix sounded clean,which is good, but maybe start adding more distortion, for a variation.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Return to “Music Cafe”