July Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tbase2000 wrote:Tempted to get a little bitter at a few who consistently seem to put me at the bottom of the heap for whatever reason. Kinda messes up the final numbers. Fuel for the next comp when I hope to produce something amazing so that you look obviously bias. The goal. I don't like mysterious trends. How do you go back and check the votes from the previous months? Just curious.

My $.02. Aside from the usual and significant subjective suspects (Opinions vary, Tastes differ, Voting criteria modulates, etc.) there is just the simple matter of a rather small voting contingency generally comprised of the same participants, recurrent judges and common jury. This month, 8 in, 8 out. Were the final results a photo finish of 8 noses separated by inches? Or a vast landscape marked by distant mileage signs? Regardless, in such a sample, 1 will come in first, 1 last, 3 in the top 3, 3 in the bottom 3, 2 in the middle...or something like that.

I can't imagine any conspiracy or personal vendetta fueling the judgments made here--just old fashioned tastes and tendencies at play. Each of these participants tends to bring a similar style and/or skill set to their creations. For example, some have great voices and create "pop" songs with lyrics. Others are highly skilled synth enthusiasts and create instrumental music. Some are classically trained composers. Some are garage rock and jazz guitarists.

And while it's not a fully comparable analogy, it's not unlike the US Supreme Court, during a particular historical era, when it's not difficult to predict how rulings may go on a judge-by-judge basis.

My recommendation (and personal practice) don't take any of this personally. And be honest with yourself. If you create here a truly special tune that transcends genre and style, it will rise. If you feel others have not recognized your truly special tune, what does it matter?

As that Jay Z lad once said, "Respect the game, that should be it. What you eat, don't make me shit.'

If you happen to feel bitter, find the sweetness.

Jonny Quest wrote:
Tbase2000 wrote:Tempted to get a little bitter at a few who consistently seem to put me at the bottom of the heap for whatever reason. Kinda messes up the final numbers. Fuel for the next comp when I hope to produce something amazing so that you look obviously bias. The goal. I don't like mysterious trends. How do you go back and check the votes from the previous months? Just curious.

My $.02. Aside from the usual and significant subjective suspects (Opinions vary, Tastes differ, Voting criteria modulates, etc.) there is just the simple matter of a rather small voting contingency generally comprised of the same participants, recurrent judges and common jury. This month, 8 in, 8 out. Were the final results a photo finish of 8 noses separated by inches? Or a vast landscape marked by distant mileage signs? Regardless, in such a sample, 1 will come in first, 1 last, 3 in the top 3, 3 in the bottom 3, 2 in the middle...or something like that.

I can't imagine any conspiracy or personal vendetta fueling the judgments made here--just old fashioned tastes and tendencies at play. Each of these participants tends to bring a similar style and/or skill set to their creations. For example, some have great voices and create "pop" songs with lyrics. Others are highly skilled synth enthusiasts and create instrumental music. Some are classically trained composers. Some are garage rock and jazz guitarists.

And while it's not a fully comparable analogy, it's not unlike the US Supreme Court, during a particular historical era, when it's not difficult to predict how rulings may go on a judge-by-judge basis.

My recommendation (and personal practice) don't take any of this personally. And be honest with yourself. If you create here a truly special tune that transcends genre and style, it will rise. If you feel others have not recognized your truly special tune, what does it matter?

As that Jay Z lad once said, "Respect the game, that should be it. What you eat, don't make me shit.'

If you happen to feel bitter, find the sweetness.
Very well said Jonny "Baseball Sucks" Quest

I wouldn't bring it up if someone/ones hadn't voted me dead last every time or close to last. Just getting annoying and smells fishy. I'll keep showing up regardless. Think Fox and Friends still have a little score to settle, but then I do like conspiracy theories. On to the next one.

Tbase2000 wrote:I wouldn't bring it up if someone/ones hadn't voted me dead last every time or close to last. Just getting annoying and smells fishy. I'll keep showing up regardless. Think Fox and Friends still have a little score to settle, but then I do like conspiracy theories. On to the next one.
Nah, most of these buggers have been entering for years on and off.

https://www.kompoz.com/music/collaborat ... ile/867111

I leaned later after that my google link was playing something else entirely than what I posted, so I might rethink how I post music in the future. Anyway.

Just wanted to post up the finished version again. Got some drums and a G lead in there. I am really excited to finish this song and wanted to share. This is what can become of your monthly entries if you just keep working at it. I'm very happy with this one.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Return to “Music Cafe”