July Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Tbase2000
KVRist
238 posts since 23 Oct, 2017

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:56 pm

It's music and expression. I get that. I once came really hard with some Metal Vocals just because I had something to prove at a song comp. Make a joke out of the contest if that was your intent but own it. Everyone needs a platform. I don't subscribe to that here and I just preferred not to comment rather than give you a horrible review. I did say I was sorry. That could have turned out equally bad and had you ranting. I'd rather spend my effort trying to help a song and artist complete or improve their song. I personally am working on this months song with a few better musicians and trying to complete it. You did your song as a joke mostly. How I perceived it. What's the problem? For a certain niche...it could work. There's other people in here that could actually benefit from the feedback. You just need to quit playing and write some music.

I usually go above and beyond the norm on here for reviews...so cut me a little slack. I went light on this month for a reason, because I didn't want to come across as to much opinion. Some really good work and I see people improving every month. Just trying to fit in.

See you next month. You don't quit. I can feel it. Fighter.

Here is a link to the collab that developed because of this song competition and theme. It's still a cluster fu.. but it isn't just dead at the end of the month.

Edit: https://www.kompoz.com/music/collaborat ... ile/865847

That should work for all subsequent updates as I make them.
Last edited by Tbase2000 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tbase2000
KVRist

Re: July Contest: Gossip

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:21 pm

What I want to know is when is the Donkey album going to be ready to buy? This guy just keeps ripping off hit after hit. I've heard him before this site and he was that good if not better over at the other station. I want the block set. Paypal.

wagtunes
KVRAF
14914 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:26 pm

Tbase2000 wrote:It's music and expression. I get that. I once came really hard with some Metal Vocals just because I had something to prove at a song comp. Make a joke out of the contest if that was your intent but own it. Everyone needs a platform. I don't subscribe to that here and I just preferred not to comment rather than give you a horrible review. I did say I was sorry. That could have turned out equally bad and had you ranting. I'd rather spend my effort trying to help a song and artist complete or improve their song. I personally am working on this months song with a few better musicians and trying to complete it. You did your song as a joke mostly. How I perceived it. What's the problem? For a certain niche...it could work. There's other people in here that could actually benefit from the feedback. You just need to quit playing and write some music.

I usually go above and beyond the norm on here for reviews...so cut me a little slack. I went light on this month for a reason, because I didn't want to come across as to much opinion. Some really good work and I see people improving every month. Just trying to fit in.

See you next month. You don't quit. I can feel it. Fighter.

Here is a link to the collab that developed because of this song competition and theme. It's still a cluster fu.. but it isn't just dead at the end of the month.

https://www.kompoz.com/music/collaborat ... ile/865755
That should work for all subsequent updates as I make them.
I get where you're coming from. And I guess that not knowing me from Adam, you can't possibly know where I come from and what I expect from people. I expect everybody, good or bad, to be treated equally. I would have rather you tore me a new one. Believe me, I was hoping it was dead obvious that I was taking the piss with this month's contest. I mean could I have been anymore obvious? I thought the "requirements" were ridiculous. So I did a ridiculous song. I did feel at least that I did the ridiculous song well for what it was. So in the future, if you think something I do sucks, provided you give everybody else constructive feedback. I'd appreciate the same. That's all. No more, no less. Just the same.

Let's just put this all behind us now.

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5409 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Tbase2000 wrote:What I want to know is when is the Donkey album going to be ready to buy? This guy just keeps ripping off hit after hit. I've heard him before this site and he was that good if not better over at the other station. I want the block set. Paypal.
No need to buy no shite, costs nowt. Last two are here (most recent one from June this year);

https://donkeyt.bandcamp.com

and the older shite before I went on my 7 year drinking spree is at the bottom of here;

https://sites.google.com/site/bennyleeds7/

Tbase2000
KVRist

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:40 pm

I'm good with you Wags. Time for some Donkey listen.

Edit: The Day of the Donkey. Priceless!

I really like that bandcamp playlist layout. I need to do this. Nice and organized.

Mike777
KVRist
436 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:19 pm

Tbase2000 wrote:I'm good with you Wags. Time for some Donkey listen.

Edit: The Day of the Donkey. Priceless!

I really like that bandcamp playlist layout. I need to do this. Nice and organized.
also listening to Donkey on bandcamp. Really like "Commodity Fetishism". awesome song

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:27 am

@Mister Natural

Thank you for your review. Dashed off? It was done in about an hour. LOL. Now you gotta admit, for an hour's work it wasn't half bad. LOL.

Laguna Rising
KVRAF
6824 posts since 4 Apr, 2005 from here and there

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:08 am

Mister Natural inside the Voting Thread wrote:5. Laguna - certainly a "thickness" to your moisture this month. This is another cat who shows up every, every month with a sincere and interestingly constructed piece. Keith Emerson really has nothing on your Moog :phones:
Inspiration came from the heat + wet :dog:

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:18 am

Hey, question. Has anybody ever come in dead last from every single voter?

That would be quite an accomplishment.

Hellfog
KVRian
553 posts since 1 Jan, 2009

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:36 am

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Hellfog

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 8

Comments: Interesting intro. Curious as to where this is going. Low end could use a touch of EQ in places. Just a little muddy. Not much. Is that a piano or some other keyboard instrument? Sounds synthetic but nice. Kick drum is barely audible. Piece seemed to end before it should have. Didn't feel finished.

!

Everything is Omnisphere. The drums at the end has the correct volume for the song,

Tbase2000 wrote:
Hellfog: There's some timing issues in here that I couldn't live with. Are those French horns in there? If so, interesting choice. I like the layers and the environment that comes out of it. Could be tighter.
"There's some timing issues": are there?,
No french horns in there.

Mister Natural wrote: 3. HellFog - really cool changes going from the first section to the second to the third. another level of harmony that I(one day) aspire to. Very original & absolutely could be the intro music for a Cirque du Soliel show. If you haven't seen them live; do that and do that now. So magical
Thank you so much, never seen a Cirque du Soleil show

Mister Natural
KVRAF
2348 posts since 28 Oct, 2007 from michigan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:43 am

wagtunes wrote:Hey, question. Has anybody ever come in dead last from every single voter?

That would be quite an accomplishment.
been there / done that
get up and do it again next month . . . :=)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural
KVRAF
2348 posts since 28 Oct, 2007 from michigan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:35 pm

>>Mr. Natural "as I swim" : must confess, the backstory of Mrs. Natural injects a narrative that pulls at the heart strings (so I do hope she is doing better.) The composition itself seems a bit more montaged than structured, still a lot of promising moments clearly fueled by nostalgia.

good comments - and that in no way had I wanted to inject pity into contest/voting bias(es)

"montage-d" as a result of me "dashing" this one off in one day = fair critique
just wanted to get it out there and wonder if my monitoring is off this mix... I think one of my best yet 2behonest, love it
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mike777
KVRist
436 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 pm

"Mike777 "the cave" : dramatic, moody piano piece. Find the strings somewhat distracting as the piano performance is so evocative on its own. But a beautiful composition. "

Thanks for review! I didn't like the strings too much first time either, so I improved them and it's been updated. Moderator allowed it

Tbase2000
KVRist

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:49 am

Tempted to get a little bitter at a few who consistently seem to put me at the bottom of the heap for whatever reason. Kinda messes up the final numbers. Fuel for the next comp when I hope to produce something amazing so that you look obviously bias. The goal. I don't like mysterious trends. How do you go back and check the votes from the previous months? Just curious.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:59 am

Tbase2000 wrote:Tempted to get a little bitter at a few who consistently seem to put me at the bottom of the heap for whatever reason. Kinda messes up the final numbers. Fuel for the next comp when I hope to produce something amazing so that you look obviously bias. The goal. I don't like mysterious trends. How do you go back and check the votes from the previous months? Just curious.
I honestly don't know what you're complaining about. You finished in the middle of the pack. Some people just aren't going to like your music. The month I finished 3rd, some still voted me towards the bottom. It's going to happen.

At least you didn't finish dead last.

Return to “Music Cafe”