[Pop,HeadUpArse] Dekky's Midnight Burner (2nd version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two nights and most of today, and I think this is my longest recorded song I've done at 5 minutes!...

<edit>
25 - Later (and better ;) ) mix see post on 2nd page
</edit>

25 - The SJ Orchestra Mix

It was great fun doing this and I'm really pleased with results. Dekky has an amazing voice which inspired the rest of this song. :D

Orchestra and piano was provided by SJ, Acid(?) lines provided by Cameleon, Bass is me on my Bass Guitar and the Drums are a mixture of drumatic and ns7.

Any mixing advice would be great as I'm not sure that i've got the final mix exactly right as my ears are a bit shot after doing this for the last day. And I'm still not 100% happy with my snare sound, which I can never get right!

Anyhoo... enjoy...

Ben
Last edited by Glooper on Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top work sir, didn't feel like 8 mins. :-o

But I will still have a go over the arrangement, as is my wont! :lol:

To me bringing in the strings in the intro is ok, a taster, but then when the singing comes in, you should drop em entirely, and not bring em back in till the 2mins 11 change, and then with only the low octave (you have the acid type sound come in then so thats enough, make the kids wait! :lol: )

2nd verse that comes in at 4 min 12, perhaps just drums/vocals for a bar, then drums/bass/vocals for a bar, then all in after that?

Of course I like to talk out of me arse! :lol:

donkey tugger wrote:Top work sir, didn't feel like 8 mins. :-o
:lol: that's because it was 5... :P

Cheers for listening. I'm glad you liked it! :D
donkey tugger wrote: But I will still have a go over the arrangement, as is my wont! :lol:

To me bringing in the strings in the intro is ok, a taster, but then when the singing comes in, you should drop em entirely, and not bring em back in till the 2mins 11 change, and then with only the low octave (you have the acid type sound come in then so thats enough, make the kids wait! :lol: )

2nd verse that comes in at 4 min 12, perhaps just drums/vocals for a bar, then drums/bass/vocals for a bar, then all in after that?
I like the idea, I can hear that working and providing more of build up in the song, might have a play tomorrow.

Ben

Great Job
BRAVO

nice one! really like the arrangement - has alot to it, but it moves well, and doesnt draw away from the vox. Great vox dekky :D

Good reworked track here Ben :)

for some reason I felt that sound (which I think was in the original as well) that starts at 0.07 should have been replaced, I feel it doesn't fit within this mix somehow. But other then that this is mighty fine. :)

Indeed the original was quite appealing allready

This sounds great! Real '80's type feel.

I agree with Mystahr about the sound that comes in (at 0:10 here though) I would use something a little smoother and less Goose-like (sorry!) :)

The snare sounds OK but there is room for improvement there. The Orchestral arrangement and vocals sound really great!

At the risk of seeming ignorant, what is SJ? :oops:

Nice job!

Cheers

can't say much more than this:

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

maybe i should give you all the vocal takes and stay purely in the graphics field :wink:
My Distortion is Analogue...

Cheers for listening and liking people :D

That goose (!) type noise is one of the drums from drumatic... Listening to it this morning I can tell it could do with a slightly different noise... Hmmm, I'm thinking I might actually use OnePingOnly ;).

SJ is the name of the free orchestra soundfont, Garret made it available again on...

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50382

It's very good.
Dekky wrote: maybe i should give you all the vocal takes and stay purely in the graphics field
If that meant I got all your vocals takes to play around with, i'd go with that ;) ... You have a great voice!. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :)

Ben

this is pretty cool! pretty cool, indeed! i think it has a nice dramatic sense to it though the overall sound of the song sounds a bit harsh & fierce in my ears. especially the copper part of the drumkit is very sharp. though i have no real idea what i am talking about... my guess would be that you've overcompressed the song... but that's just speculation on my behalf. anyway, cool song and again way different to what lappenpop & i are doing with dekky's vocals. wish we were as fast as some of you here in making a track. :roll:
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

Wow, I loved it!!!! Great job Ben! :-o

austere wrote:this is pretty cool! pretty cool, indeed! i think it has a nice dramatic sense to it though the overall sound of the song sounds a bit harsh & fierce in my ears. especially the copper part of the drumkit is very sharp. though i have no real idea what i am talking about... my guess would be that you've overcompressed the song... but that's just speculation on my behalf. anyway, cool song and again way different to what lappenpop & i are doing with dekky's vocals. wish we were as fast as some of you here in making a track. :roll:
Cheers austere, thanks for listening and liking...:D

The EQ might be slightly wrong which is why it's sounding a bit harsh... I only roughly Mastered the song late last night, will re-master when I've had a break from it for a bit and have "fresh" ears. :) It shouldn't be overcompressed but it might just be that you have better speakers than me! :)

Fast! :lol: I was up two nights in a row to 3 in the morning doing this!... and most of yesterday too.

Ben

mr.me wrote:Wow, I loved it!!!! Great job Ben! :-o
Thank you Mr Me. :D

Ben

pretty cool ben, it's interesting how many different takes we can get on the one tune. must be the quality of the vox :wink:

cheers,

steve.

blaster78 wrote:pretty cool ben, it's interesting how many different takes we can get on the one tune. must be the quality of the vox :wink:

cheers,

steve.
Cheers Steve,

They are all so very different too... So what's you third mix going to be like?

Ben

Return to “Music Cafe”