28 grams (DnB)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/28-grams-of-mux

Music for your consideration.
Last edited by Eauson on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Really great track. Love me some DnB. Can't comment on the mix, as I'm listening on an ipad. That it translates well to a tablet is already a good start. Will put it on tomorrow and have a bit of a dance about it :tu:

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Well, as you know, not a big DnB fan but this is funky cool. Love the little noises here and there. Bass is a little OTT for me. Not sure I can listen to this genre as a steady diet but once in a while in isolation, when it's done well like this, is okay.

Seems to be lacking a little weight ... could do with more subs. More variation in the beats in the second half would be cool too. It doesn't sound quite finished to my ears (not very experimental either). Maybe the bassline is a bit too wide :?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Really great track. Love me some DnB. Can't comment on the mix, as I'm listening on an ipad. That it translates well to a tablet is already a good start. Will put it on tomorrow and have a bit of a dance about it :tu:
Its not as dancy as I would have hoped, would appreciate further critique :)
wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Well, as you know, not a big DnB fan but this is funky cool. Love the little noises here and there. Bass is a little OTT for me. Not sure I can listen to this genre as a steady diet but once in a while in isolation, when it's done well like this, is okay.
Thanks Wags, yes its a little heavy, was trying out panned bass and other odd ideas that float around my head :)
A little bit of everything is a good diet, everything in moderation as Bacchus said :D
thecontrolcentre wrote:Seems to be lacking a little weight ... could do with more subs. More variation in the beats in the second half would be cool too. It doesn't sound quite finished to my ears (not very experimental either). Maybe the bassline is a bit too wide :?
Its a little light, was only a wav that I tried to update a bit with Adobe and I dont have greatest rig to listen, €5 euro speakers only give so much detail :) and DnB is a difficult genre to get right in the mix without a sub, experimental was a little bit of an over exaggeration on my behalf, :D, thanks for listening and commenting.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

You need to hear subs for most electronic music imho. I bought a monitoring system with a sub when I was making D&B in the 90's. Ended up dropping all the basslines by an octave :hihi: Would hate to be without one now.

thecontrolcentre wrote:You need to hear subs for most electronic music imho. I bought a monitoring system with a sub when I was making D&B in the 90's. Ended up dropping all the basslines by an octave :hihi: Would hate to be without one now.
Y3s, you are correct a sub helps a lot with electronic music, I have a plugin now that give me a better understanding, but the real thing is something that would be helpful.
I attempted to make DnB, well jungle/hardcore in the 90's but it all came to nought, still got the DAT tapes somewhere.:D

DnB fan here and this is a pretty good track. Reminds me a little of the older Total Science stuff. Mix sounds great to me but as mentioned it would certainly benefit from a sub. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:DnB fan here and this is a pretty good track. Reminds me a little of the older Total Science stuff. Mix sounds great to me but as mentioned it would certainly benefit from a sub. :tu:
Thanks, a sub is something I would like, I'll just have to see if one pops up.
I'll check out the total science stuff :D

Return to “Music Cafe”