Made an EP, Shibboleth (Electro-Metal)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i posted a few songs for feedback a while ago and really appreciate the opinions and encouragement i got. Spent the last couple months finishing the tracks up, mastering (they're louder now!) and getting some artwork together. i hope some of you enjoy it, i'm pretty happy with the way these turned out (for the most part, though some stuff was a little rushed).

https://soundcloud.com/izalith/sets/shibboleth

I have to listen to the whole list more carefully, but at a first glance, the riffs are kind of very similar and somewhat repetetive throughout the songs. It sounds 'overproduced' at a lot of parts. Its a weird mix of styles, but also quite interessting. I like the ideas you put in there very much. But they get burried in the mix often. The guitars need some work when they are stacked/layered with the synths. The parts were they play alone or during the post rock parts were much easier to listen too. The mid highs are turning into noisy mush quite often. The electronic elements are much more distinguishable. Its a lot better in the last song, but it seems that the synths are more prominent there.

As said, interessting concept and choice of styles.

I enjoyed this release, especially the last track "I Remember You". The outro of that track, from 4:52, sounds amazing/epic. Kudos for not destroying the release with over compressed/loud mastering.
Thank you!

Listened to a few songs and I find them very good!
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Return to “Music Cafe”