The Wedding of Heina and Jesse

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I wrote this for our wedding. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlbCzrnovTs

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Given the short length of the piece, intro is too long. Otherwise, very nice. Personally, I'd use more sustain pedal on the piano during the main part. The rhythm is kind of choppy and could use a little more fluid motion. Of course just my opinion.

Short and sweet. I enjoyed the chord progressions which were very well integrated but managed to maintain interest throughout. The rhythm was also reminiscent of a wedding march without becoming too rigid or "martial" in character.

Good work and Congratulations :)

seismic1 wrote:Short and sweet. I enjoyed the chord progressions which were very well integrated but managed to maintain interest throughout. The rhythm was also reminiscent of a wedding march without becoming too rigid or "martial" in character.

Good work and Congratulations :)

Thanks! It was kinda stressy what the reaction would be. It was the first public playing of my music where I was present myself, and to top it off I played live for the first time later too. But the reaction was great!

wagtunes wrote:
Comments: Given the short length of the piece, intro is too long. Otherwise, very nice. Personally, I'd use more sustain pedal on the piano during the main part. The rhythm is kind of choppy and could use a little more fluid motion. Of course just my opinion.
Personally i love the intro travelling the distance as fdar is it does, it shows the dedication, but i confess the theme and imagery in the video suggest to me that you are holding onto a memory if i'm not mistaken (makes sense to me ;)).

Nice lil' piece.

Definitely expandable if you wanted to, the piano sounds very rich and clean.I like it.
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

It sounds like wedding bliss. A nice blissful song. Ah, but some of the bliss will one day fade and you’ll be old friends. So enjoy you lives together and some day compose your wedding anniversary song.

:clap:

DJ LFD wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:02 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Personally i love the intro travelling the distance as fdar is it does, it shows the dedication, but i confess the theme and imagery in the video suggest to me that you are holding onto a memory if i'm not mistaken (makes sense to me ;)).

Nice lil' piece.

Definitely expandable if you wanted to, the piano sounds very rich and clean.I like it.
I wanted to build the tension and the suspense as this was playing while we were coming up. Actually, you only heard the piano when we were not there yet, and as soon as we showed up the voilins kicked in :D

Return to “Music Cafe”