Could I have some feedback on this ?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some great ideas in there...particularly melodically.

You say you struggle to finish tracks...welcome to the club! ? We all do from time to time...

If I'm NOT working to a deadline, I often leave a track sketched out and ignore it for weeks while I work on something completely different. When I come back to it, if it has an instant 'WOW that's not bad at all effect', I'll work on it further...if not then I get ruthless and simply delete it and move on!

My MAYBE composing folder at the moment has 37 unfinished tracks in it! :0) I will be checking it out tomorrow and it'll problem shrink to about 10! :0)

Your mixing has the taste of someone who is doing the 'LOUDNESS CHASE' ...constantly turning up tracks to balance the mix...if you are....DON'T!!! Something's too quiet...then turn the rest down...99.9% of the time anyway!!!

I read that you've turned the side chain down...GOOD! Now do it some more! :0) It's still too much and the pumping is destroying the flow of the track for me.

I've release dance tracks in various styles over the years since 1994 and I've NEVER used side-chaining once...a lot of producers don't as it is difficult to control and often sounds terrible if not used properly...there are LOTS of other ways of tidying up transients (and adding a subtle pumping if you really must)...

Daft Punk are one of the originators of the modern pumping house effect, but their's is more subtle and DOESN'T sidechain at all!

You've probably applied sidechain compression to individual elements or busses, the Gallic disco robots achieve this effect by setting up a hardware compressor on the master output of their mixer, routing the kick drum to the key input, then timing the attack and release settings to let the kick's attack through while heavily compressing the track...

More controllable and ultimately capable of more subtle application! :0)

Potentially GREAT track...GET IT FINISHED! :0)

Return to “Music Cafe”