Experimental Hip-Hop Journey Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I produced, recorded and mixed this at home on logic using some cool effects on the vocals. If you would like to know about any effects or sounds let me know! Blessings!

https://soundcloud.com/val-verrel/the-island

Enjoyable listen. The vocal is rather buried at times. Good work :tu:

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: I really like the vocals and I'm not a big hip hop fan but these sound cool. The rhythm itself is too choppy for me. Talking about the backing track at the beginning. Later on, gets better. Arrangement is interesting the way it morphs. Definitely a different kind of track. Not bad. And yes, I would like to know how you got the vocals to sound like that. What FX?

thecontrolcentre wrote:Enjoyable listen. The vocal is rather buried at times. Good work :tu:
Thank's alot glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Last edited by Val_Verrel on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote="wagtunes"]My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: I really like the vocals and I'm not a big hip hop fan but these sound cool. The rhythm itself is too choppy for me. Talking about the backing track at the beginning. Later on, gets better. Arrangement is interesting the way it morphs. Definitely a different kind of track. Not bad. And yes, I would like to know how you got the vocals to sound like that. What FX?

Hey thanks for such detailed feedback! I'm glad this gave you a different hip-hop taste! So for the vocals I used a plugin called Harmony Engine by Antares (I wonder if you know it?) and supported it with two vocals panned to about 45 each side with a large space reverb bus set up using space designer.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

The vocals are a bit subdued, but frankly that's the nature of R&B Styled HipHop...

If you have time, you could probably mess with your studio to push through some of the vocals to make it more dynamic, i like the dreamy nature of the vocals though and completely understand why they are at the mixing level now.

wagtunes has a point, a nice 30-80Hz bassline would Rock This Tune, with a HighPassFilter on the kick at 80Hz to not collide, that's my only critique, i've been into HipHop, especially experiemental, And R&B forever, and this is really cool... so if you add a low bassline it will carry the track even further than the jarring bass kicks already do, which is hindering the fluidity of the track.

GJ and GL!
Aspiring HipHop Producer: https://soundcloud.com/djlfd

Return to “Music Cafe”