Plz post your ambient, Techno, Rave, EBM/Industrial and related

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi again
When I scan the contributions on the music cafe there seems to be a lot of electronic music, which the authors may not find suitable for the dance tunes thread, so I would like to open this thread as a supplementing category under which people can post various electronic genres that are not aimed at the dance floor as such. It is an experiment, I have no idea how many will bite, but personally I would not at least invite BONES to post any new tunes here. As far as the techno label concerns I mean everything from Berlin to Detroit/Chicago techno and beyond. Feel free to interpret the categories fairly open, only criterion is really that it mainly is electronic ridden and that you do not find it suitable for the dance tunes or generative music thread (or silly tunes thread :hihi: ).

Closest thing I ever got to a EBM/Industrial/hard trance tune. I found that it was not really my style to compose though I like the genre, but I was fairly satisfied with the "test-result". What is the mood of a society 100 years ahead with 100 times as much tempo and stress? My answer is "Rush" (and probably a lot of retalin too to cope with it).

https://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/rush
Last edited by IncarnateX on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Here is one for jackhammer and convolution - industrial ambient
https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/track/therapy

and here is another - I would describe this as very harsh although the soundsources are insects and drums and radio interview. But there is distortion. And even though it starts a little bit nice it ends up harsh and aggressive so I thought it would fit here

https://soundcloud.com/greghooper/final-ruling

Thanks woggle. I will take a listen an return later with impressions. I am a little busy for a day or two, so have patience if it takes me that long. Hopefully we will see other contributions as well. Seems to be a lot of candidates in the Cafe.

Hi IncarnateX -I was expecting lots of music in this topic. If my stuff doesnot fit letme know and Ican delete so it is not a distraction.

Hi again, Woggle
Yeah, I did expect a lot more too.
woggle wrote:Here is one for jackhammer and convolution - industrial ambient
https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/track/therapy
It is experimental, so this one fits but could also be a candidate for the soundscape thread. Let it stay to show the scope of allowed categories. But exciting sounds again, are they made solely of real life sounds or are you using synths as well?
This one is experimental too (nice wide category), has some rhythm snippets in the middle of it and gets pseudo rhythmical in the end, so I say let it stay. Though it could have been a candidate for the soundscape thread as well, and since you actually made me laugh with this one when the voices kicked in, it is on the edge to qualify to another thread as well :hihi:

I really like your sounds and sound shaping with real life noises. I will show my fellow researcher your step layer video and wagon rolling track, since they capture the essence of our idea of rhythms of capitalism. This with your permission of course. I will not do it if you want to let it stay KVR internal. Just say so.

And thanks to @controlcentre for dropping by. I will return and listen later.

Hi IncarnateX - thanks for allowing these ones - the jackhammer piece is completely jackhammer plus convolution of the jackhammer - I made up an impulse response from tuned metal percussion
You can of course show these to your colleague, I'd be flattered, - as long as you let me know when you have something published/preprintable as I would love to read it
:)

IncarnateX wrote:Hi again
When I scan the contributions on the music cafe there seems to be a lot of electronic music, which the authors may not find suitable for the dance tunes thread, so I would like to open this thread as a supplementing category under which people can post various electronic genres that are not aimed at the dance floor as such. It is an experiment, I have no idea how many will bite, but personally I would not at least invite BONES to post any new tunes here. As far as the techno label concerns I mean everything from Berlin to Detroit/Chicago techno and beyond. Feel free to interpret the categories fairly open, only criterion is really that it mainly is electronic ridden and that you do not find it suitable for the dance tunes or generative music thread (or silly tunes thread :hihi: ).

Closest thing I ever got to a EBM/Industrial/hard trance tune. I found that it was not really my style to compose though I like the genre, but I was fairly satisfied with the "test-result". What is the mood of a society 100 years ahead with 100 times as much tempo and stress? My answer is "Rush" (and probably a lot of retalin too to cope with it).

https://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/rush
man, that is intense in a pop sort of way (as against something like gabber)

Hi again guys. Just a quick visit, will revisit later. But I thought that maybe the "experimental" label thread title is the problem here, since there are no more contributions. Thus it will be removed.

@Woggle. Yeah Gabber is not quite my cup of tea and I have a hard time in general with music with rhythm and noise only (which does not regard soundscapes of course, which is another context) but need at least some minimal melodies and a little counterpoint in the end, like when the main arp themes meet. So it goes poppy easily but glad you detected the "intense" component for that is what I aimed for.

Will return later

IncarnateX wrote:Hi again guys. Just a quick visit, will revisit later. But I thought that maybe the "experimental" label thread title is the problem here, since there are no more contributions. Thus it will be removed.

@Woggle. Yeah Gabber is not quite my cup of tea and I have a hard time in general with music with rhythm and noise only (which does not regard soundscapes of course, which is another context) but need at least some minimal melodies and a little counterpoint in the end, like when the main arp themes meet. So it goes poppy easily but glad you detected the "intense" component for that is what I aimed for.

Will return later
Hi IncarnateX - yeah I admire something like Gabber because it really achieves what it wants to do - just I don't want to listen to it :) But I can learn from it (which only takes about 5 minutes of listening). I also love a melody/counterpoint and so on (as well as soundscape etc) - but noise and aggression need to be smart with a conceptual hook to be interesting I think

Interesting pieces, the first one is one of those tunes where I feel like chopping it up and steal some of the noises. I already hear them in my head as part of my music. Nice sound design.

The other sounds like it is based on the semi-structure-principle I am about to explore myself. It is kind of fascinating how long you can keep such things going by random/unstructured variations alone without gettng fatigued. For the time being I am exploring Analog Key’s probability based sequencer and it is amazing how much life and variation you can make with just a single measure.

Thanks for posting and mind that this thread is not only for experimental work. I think I f’d up the title. So feel free to post other tunes as well that you may not find suitable for one of the other threads.

IncarnateX wrote:
Interesting pieces, the first one is one of those tunes where I feel like chopping it up and steal some of the noises. I already hear them in my head as part of my music. Nice sound design.

The other sounds like it is based on the semi-structure-principle I am about to explore myself. It is kind of fascinating how long you can keep such things going by random/unstructured variations alone without gettng fatigued. For the time being I am exploring Analog Key’s probability based sequencer and it is amazing how much life and variation you can make with just a single measure.
Thanks for your comments incarnateX. I actually used the same "semi-structured" method to create both tunes. The main difference is the source material & effects used to FSU. Sand is synth based, while BLUE-D is based on acoustic guitar and hand percussion with a synthesized bassline.

There’s no rave, detroit techno, chicago house or EBM that’s not aimed at the dance floor.
Those genres are dance music by definition. If something isn’t dance music, it doesn’t belong to those genres.

Blue is such a strange sort of country raga - I like it

Sand has a great filmic vibe - chilled post apocalyptic

Return to “Music Cafe”