Lamentation - 4 Part Chorale (SATB)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I went through this whole thread again. Nothing happened here so it must have been elsewhere. Perhaps it was just the accumulation of all the crap that we have to put up with around here from all the idiots. I've been dealing with it for over 4 years now. But I'm sorry to see him go because he was one of the good guys.

And so KVR drives out another good one.

"it must have been elsewhere"
here's a distinct possibility:

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=512761&p=7191871#p7191871

kind of an amusing read, or it could put you off your lunch

jancivil wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:16 pm "it must have been elsewhere"

Except that's just you arguing with an idiot. Why would that make Mark leave the forum? I don't get it.

ChamMusic wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:49 pm
jancivil wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:24 am You can't close your account! Literally, you cannot. There's a whole thread about it in Site Stuff. :)

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

If I can't actually close it down, then I will simply 100% deactivate it in terms of communication with the wider world...my account here is NOT me and if I leave, I leave!
well i for one am saddened by this :(

Oh, and by the way. This is why I stay out of the Music Theory sub forum. I had enough of that stuff 40 years ago and listening to people butcher music theory makes me want to throw things.

Personally, I threw all that stuff out the window a while ago. I was sounding like a musical encyclopedia with my music. And it wasn't pretty. Now I just write from feel. I don't worry about whether I'm playing a Cm9 or whatever. If it sounds good, that's all I care about.

In short, I'm tired of music theory.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Except that's just you arguing with an idiot. Why would that make Mark leave the forum? I don't get it.
He enters a page or two later with his disgust at those notions.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:31 pm I threw all that stuff out the window a while ago

I was sounding like a musical encyclopedia with my music.
didn't happen to me. It's not like here's a recipe book. It's just ways of sorting what's there.

- that thread is a sign, or a snapshot of the forum at the time, as a whole; for me at least. and not in isolation at all.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:39 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:31 pm

I was sounding like a musical encyclopedia with my music.
didn't happen to me. It's not like here's a recipe book.

that thread is a sign of the forum as a whole, for me at least. Not in isolation at all.
Well, you won't get any arguments from me on that. I agree. This can be a very annoying place at times.

No that it is any of my business at all as I have only had a brief interction with him on behalf of my son and I do not like speaking for others. I was under a very strong impression that it was a build up of bad experiences over the years - looks like about 12 or so?

I had one thread where we both commented very politely and both got stupid and nasty replies from a moron. I can see how this could make it all pointless after awhile.This recent thread is good example of the awful content on here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=515095&start=105

And there is a lot more of it. I do not create music but just love listening. My son warned me about forums and I sort of ignored him. Now i think he was right. Truth is I can listen without getting involved, so I might just do that from now on and just avoid the trolls, goblins or whatever you call them entirely by not commenting at all as it does not add anything to my life anyway.
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

I almost purely ignore music I think is not good in the Cafe. That one was beyond consideration of any music, it was something else entirely. Here was an idiot rightwinger - and homophobe - tossing insults not even worthy of a middle school-aged child. It's entertainment to me, and beyond that I don't think that person should be enabled. For me far too much consideration of it as music was shown, including by myself.

But not everyone is sick like me, so Mark decided the KVRness of it all is really not for him I suppose. :D

yeah i play with "negativity", help them dig their own holes so to speak.
not everyone can or wants to do that though, some people are nice, they don't have the bite in them for confrontation.
that's fair enough.

on the whole though, for all the annoyance here at kvr, id like to think the good outweighs the bad.
especially when it comes to actual regulars, those who are just aggressive in everything they do, don't tend to stick around long.
maybe their mums revoke interweb privilege?

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:39 pm yeah i play with "negativity", help them dig their own holes so to speak.
not everyone can or wants to do that though, some people are nice, they don't have the bite in them for confrontation.
that's fair enough.

on the whole though, for all the annoyance here at kvr, id like to think the good outweighs the bad.
especially when it comes to actual regulars, those who are just aggressive in everything they do, don't tend to stick around long.
maybe their mums revoke interweb privilege?
Yeah, the good outweighs the bad. The problem is, it's the bad you tend to remember, which is sad.

But the other day, I was looking for a good voice harmonizer and the good folks here pointed out that EVO was on sale at JRR Shop for $67 (regularly like $249). I jumped all over it.

Yes, I am planning to sing more in 2019. Vocaloid will be used mostly for background vocals from now on with maybe a few exceptions on tracks where my vocals don't fit at all.

Point is, the good eggs here helped me out a lot and I'm very grateful for it. They saved me a lot of money.

Loved the chorale. One of my favorite pieces I've heard on here in a while, truly inspiring.
Last edited by funky lime on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very nice, relaxing piece. Well done.

Mike

This is the music that I want to be played when I final meet a demon that cannot be vanquished by my mighty warhammer.

f**king awesome sounds, dude.

EDIT:
Damnit, I see that you're no longer on here. Still - an amazingly heavenly, otherworldly sound, dude.
Lord Scarne the Magnificent - slayer of the mighty 5th Devil Finger. Vanquisher of Nalareth the Ancient Green Dragon. Bane of orcs, goblins, demons and dodgy music across the multiverse.

Return to “Music Cafe”