Mystery of Electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/markku-370699217 ... lectronica

100 % made in Linux. 8)

Kriminal's Dante, Linplug MorphoX, u-he Repro-1, drum samples, etc.

I was trying new things. The mystery is how I always gravitate around certain kind of sounds... :D

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9

Comments: Had me beepin and boppin. Like the bass line. Would have probably liked a more pronounced top line but all in all not bad. Synths sound good and the mix is fine.

Good, catchy groove and sound combos...all well mixed.

For me it needs two things to feel more complete:

Some sort of lead line / melody.

A substantial contrasting section.

i liked it! didnt really miss a lead because i lack leads in my songs sometimes too.. :hihi:
very good mix on my phones :phones: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Sounds good! Lots of cool sounds. I like the bass and the arps...
Kudos in using Linux!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks a lot, everyone! I'm so glad you liked!

I try to improve according to your advice in future! I have so much to learn.

One interesting discovery was Dante; it's very light old free Synthedit synth. Somehow it has quite nice bass sounds...

layzer wrote:i liked it! didnt really miss a lead because i lack leads in my songs sometimes too.. :hihi:
very good mix on my phones :phones: :tu:
I think I'm becoming a melody obsessive...I need to keep an eye on that! :0)

The fact there is no lead melody does not detract from this composition. I felt there was enough variety with all the different arp sequences and I enjoyed the listen. Nice one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

I really enjoyed this piece of music but felt that it was possibly a bit too repetitive.
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

I didn't mind the fact that there was no lead because the track is probably short enough that it didn't really need one. I enjoyed the overall sound, which was helped by the dry bass and percussion combined with the fuller sounding synths. An enjoyable track with a slight flavour of late '70s Vangelis.

Good work :)

I think it works well. Probably leans towards the EDM/IDM genre but also interesting enough to groove to.

:tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”