October Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you have a vision for something. If you can hear it in your mind and it rocks enough to tell someone else...that is where you have to figure out how to get it to them. Nobody can hear it until you tell them how.

Vision is what drives a musician. Don't ever question it. It is your compass and your heart beat. When it dies you will.

We might be close Wags...but I have a few more in me. I think you do too. I now listen for my heartbeat. It's about 120 bpm so that's what I go for mostly unless I get these crazy metal competitions that push me to 160.
Last edited by Tbase2000 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Donkey will die before us anyway and then we can run wild and free. I think he's a smoker or something. Give it a year.

Tbase2000 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:10 am The Donkey will die before us anyway and then we can run wild and free. I think he's a smoker or something. Give it a year.
Smoker, fat bastard, ex heavy drinker - probably got about two weeks. :hihi: I'm determined to eke it out a bit longer though, at least until the bonus pay at the end of this month.....then at least I can pop my clogs in possession of a fancy nice new 12 string geetar.

Edit...bad idea. Donkey will be here next month without the tribute to donkey remix competition.

I've posted my entry. 3.00 minutes – seven bars verse and certainly no coda. But it qualifies me for the Eurovision Song Contest! (Don't tell anybody it's already published.)

And you can have a look at the guitar amplifier I've used if you want to. If you havn't heared of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

I must say, I admire the absolute courage of so many of you, putting your real voices out there...singing a song for the piano man...barking at the moon...rocking in the free wold...raging against the machine...shouting at the devil, etc. I'm enjoying listening to these--keep at it. :party: :clap:

"My sensitive melody has gone done the drain. Behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain." ~ Bob Dylan

If I right-click that blue rectangle in my own submission, and if I choose 'open in new tab', something else happens compared to for example Vurt's submission.

Do I have to fix this? How? It's possible to listen to my entry by clicking the blue rectangle. (And to download as well, I guess.)

And I don't fully understand the meaning with what is called 'direct link'. You can listen to the song by clicking the SC play button, and you can download the mp3 file directly from SC if you want to. Why isn't SC alone good enough?

P.S. The file name of the mp3 file I uploaded to SC is different from the title I gave it on SC (1810_per99_LivingInDreamland). Should I delete it from SC and upload again, with correct file name from the beginning? I think I need permission to delete and upload again?

@perr99
Yes it automatically downloads "itsafake.mp3" when you right click it or download. That's looking pretty shady. It does play however like you say. Something is wrong with your api.soundcloud.com link I think. If you follow the link to your song and try to download it from soundcloud directly it does the same thing. I've never seen it before. I would rename your file, upload it to soundcloud again and test it like it was a different song. Test the download feature before you paste the link in here. They might be having trouble...not sure.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:41 pm I would rename your file, upload it to soundcloud again and test it like it was a different song.
Thanks for answering, Tbase! However § 12 of the rules says quite clearly: "No resubmissions without permission from the moderator..." I have sent a PM to the doctor. I think I'll wait until tomorrow, at least. If he hasn't answered by then, I don't know what to do. P.S. "... it's a fake..." is a line from the lyrics.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:21 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:19 pm you can shove tony blair up your arse!
I'd have to take little Jakey Rees-Mogg out first....

Anyway...you've lost in the metel stakes.. :P

Sounds more shoegazey - I like it!
why do you have the evil twin of wheres wally up your arse?

:o

shoegaze? you reckon? not a delay or reverb (well and overall reverb, but nothing washed out) in sight! especially not before the gain stuff. which is where i think "shoegaze"
glad you enjoyed though.

speaking of shoegaze, are you aware kevin shields came out and said britpop was manufactured by the government to make blair look cool?

not that i believe him, but id like some of what hes been smoking :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:09 pm
speaking of shoegaze, are you aware kevin shields came out and said britpop was manufactured by the government to make blair look cool?
Big Tone should have splashed out a bit more cash on the eyebrows (perhaps even stretch to 2 per person);

yus m'lady...

noel always reminds me of parker from thunderbirds :hihi:

Delete.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Music Cafe”